Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Reviews Week 20

 Reviews Week 20

May 16th- 22nd 

Book 55: Once Upon a Broken Heart

by Stephanie Garber

Read May 17th- 21st

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š


Loved this fantasy world, especially the parts that take place in the North. The tales that come from the North and how they are cursed so that you don't know the full story was such a cool idea. Just everything dealing with the magic of this world pulled me in. Stephanie Garber has a beautiful writing style and has created a fantasy world that I am highly interested in returning to. 

I want to know more about the arches/doorways, the royal family, and the North in general. This world pulled me in from the very first chapter and held me until the end. I love fantasy that does that. 

“Heroes don't get happy endings. They give them to other people.”

The best parts were the interactions between Jacks and Evangeline. He was such a piece of work and I loved that some much, what a great villain. I want so much more of him. Now, I'll have to read the Caraval series so I can get more of this man. I will definitely be picking up the other books in this series. Cannot wait for the sequel. 

Book 56: Literary Critters: William Shakesbear's Journey for Inspiration

by Sophie Corrigan

Read May 22nd

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

Great introductory material for many famous writers, with a cute little tale. 

The book focuses on William Shakesbear, who is trying to create his next play. He goes to each of his friends who gives him many ideas. Each of his friends is an animal counterpart of famous writers like Mole Dahl, Crane Austen, Beatrix Trotter, Edgar Talon Crow, Yak Kerouac, C.S. Shrewis, Langston Mews, and so many more. They each help show the importance of storytelling and reading. While being so whimsical and inventive.

 I loved how they were giving him ideas that eventually became their own works. For instance, C.S. Shrewis talked about mythological creatures, kings and queens, and Turkish delight, which all are parts of C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia. This was such a clever little book that I had a lot of fun with. I will definitely be picking up a copy of this for my own children's book collection. 

*Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for my free ARC of the book. All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment