Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Book and Song Tag- Original

Something that has always been just as important to me as my love of books, is my love of music. Probably more so, if I'm being honest. This was made based on questions that I found in 30-day music challenges and some that I made up myself. Then, I made the book parts of the questions fit with the song parts. Each of the questions has my own tagline that I started them with.  I had a hard time narrowing some of these down to just one song, so I just had two or more for some of them. 

If you saw my writing playlist you would know why this was hard. At the moment that is at about 31 hours of music and I'm constantly adding songs to it. I just love sitting down to write and putting it on shuffle and seeing what begins to play. Spotify is one of my favorite things. 

Feel free to do this yourself. I know I had a lot of fun creating and doing each of the prompts.

1.) COLORS EVERYWHERE- A book/song you like with a color in the title:

        πŸ“–: Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston- My overachiever self had to pick the book with three colors in the title.        

        πŸŽ΅: "Little Red Corvette" by Prince

2.) LET'S COUNT THEM TOGETHER- A book/song you like with a number in the title: 

        πŸ“–: Thirty Things by Cate Ashwood

        πŸŽ΅: "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" by Meatloaf

3.) AND I AM TELLING YOU... I'M LEAVIN'-Your favorite post-breakup book/song:

        πŸ“–: The Weight of it All by N. R. Walker

        🎡: "Gives You Hell" by All-American Rejects- Can't tell you how many times I rocked out to this after a heartbreak over my teenage years. Wanted to give a lot of guys hell in those years. Haha This and their songs "Dirty Little Secret" and "Move Along" were my jams back in the day. Lol

               A more serious one would be "Goodbye to You" by Michelle Branch- that song breaks my heart every time I hear it. Also, I cannot stop thinking about the Buffy episode that it plays in whenever I hear it. Heartbreaking and beautiful. 

4.) GO THERE- A book/song you like with a location in the title: 

        πŸ“–: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll 

        🎡: "Transylvania" by McFly

5.) FORGET YOU- A book/ song that reminds you of someone you'd rather forget: 

        πŸ“–: Honesty by Seth King

        πŸŽ΅: "All Too Well" (Ten-minute version) (Taylor's verison) by Taylor Swift

6.) DANCE, DANCE, DANCE!- A book featuring characters dancing/ song that makes you want to dance:

        πŸ“–: Twelve Dancing Princesses by The Brothers Grimm 

        πŸŽ΅: "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon

7.) LET'S GO ON A ROADTRIP- A road trip book/ A song to drive to:

        πŸ“–: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

        πŸŽ΅: "Castle on the Hill" by Ed Sheeran 

8.) ON THE BIG SCREEN- A book that has been turned into a movie/ A song that you like that has been used in a movie:

        πŸ“–: Stardust by Neil Gaiman - My favorite adaptation and movie. 

        πŸŽ΅: "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls from City of Angels 

9.) HAPPINESS- A book/ song that makes you happy: 

        πŸ“–: Heartstopper by Alice Oseman 

        πŸŽ΅: "Star Girl" by McFly- I will forever adore this song. McFly is one of my favorite bands of all time. Galaxy Defender Forever!

10.) PLAY IT AGAIN- A book/ song you never get tired of: 

        πŸ“–: The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer

        πŸŽ΅: Too many to count. One that comes to mind is "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait. This is a favorite song of my family, and I will never get sick of it. 

               "Holy Ground" by Taylor Swift

11.) TEARJERKER- A book/ song that makes you cry: 

        πŸ“–: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger 

        πŸŽ΅: "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion- this song is absolutely stunning. 

12.) GEM FROM THE 2000s- A book you read in your preteen years/ A song from your preteen years:

        πŸ“–: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares 

        πŸŽ΅: "This One's for the Girls" by Martina McBride

                "Who I Am" by Jessica Andrews

                "When I Think of Angels" by Jamie O'Neal 

                "Stays in Mexico" by Toby Keith- really anything by Toby from those years. 

                "Breathe" by Faith Hill 

                "I Go Back" by Kenny Chesney

                "Mr. Mom" by Lonestar

                "If You're Going Through Hell" by Rodney Atkins

                And I could go on and on with the country music from that time period. I have so many great memories of listening to these songs with family over the years. Some of the best memories! 

13.) DECADES- A book/song you like from the 60s/ 70s/ 80s/90s/00s/10s/20s  (You can pick one or do them all):

        πŸ“–: 1960s: The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton- 1967

                1970s: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams- 1979

                1980s: Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones- 1986

                1990s: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling-1999

                2000s: Inkheart by Cornelia Funke-2003

                2010s: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan- 2012

                2020s: A Tale of Sorcery... by Chris Colfer- 2021

        πŸŽ΅: 1960s: "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond- 1969

                1970s: "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen- 1975

                1980s: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston-1987

                1990s: "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" by Shania Twain- 1997

                2000s: "Sugar, We're Going Down" by Fall Out Boy- 2005

                2010s: "Dancing On My Own" by Robyn- 2010

                2020s: "Come to Your Senses" by Alexandra Shipp and Vanessa Hudgens from tick, tick... BOOM!- 2021

14.) WEDDING MARCH- A book about characters getting married or that has a wedding/ A song you'd like to be played at your wedding:

        πŸ“–: My Contrary Mary by Cynthia Hand, Broad Ashton, and Jodi Meadows-  One of my favorite relationships in YA.

        πŸŽ΅: "Everlasting Love" by Carl Carlton- Also, the U2 and the Michael Ball versions are great too. I have such a hard time picking between all three of them. 

15.) OVER AND OVER IT REPEATS ON- A retelling/ A song you like that's a cover by another artist:

        πŸ“–: Lava Red, Feather Blue by Molly Ringle- LGBT retelling of Sleeping Beauty

        πŸŽ΅: "Sunset Boulevard" sung by Michael Ball from the musical Sunset Boulevard- damn this version is immaculate. I love Michael's covers of a lot of songs. 

16.) YOU'RE THE NEW CLASSIC- A classic/ A song that's a classic favorite:

        πŸ“–: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott- a book that I should have read years ago. One of my favorites of all time. Just beautiful in every single way. 

        πŸŽ΅: "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman- this song will always be a favorite. I could listen to it a million times. 

17.) IT TAKES TWO- A book that's by two authors/ A song you'd sing A duet with someone on karaoke:

        πŸ“–: Good Omens by Terry Pritchett and Neil Gaiman

        πŸŽ΅: "Don't go Breaking My Heart" by Elton John and Kiki Dee

18.) THE YEAR WAS... 1993- A book/song from the year you were born:

        πŸ“–: The Giver by Lois Lowry

        πŸŽ΅: "Two Princes" by Spin Doctors

19.) THAT'S LIFE- A book/ song that makes you think about life: 

        πŸ“–: The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green

        πŸŽ΅: "Desperado" by Eagles

               "Visting Hours" by Ed Sheeran

20.) GIVE ME THE MEANING- A book/ song that has many meanings for you:

        πŸ“–: Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram- One of the best books that I have ever read in my life. It's so deeply powerful, touching, and a worthwhile read. "It's okay not to be okay."

        πŸŽ΅: "Someone to You" by BANNERS

21. NAMES SPEAK VOLUMES- A book/ song that you like with a person's name in the title: 

        πŸ“–: Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie

        πŸŽ΅: "Peter Pan" by Kelsea Ballerini

22. A STEP FORWARD- A book/ song that moves you forward: 

        πŸ“–: Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley

        πŸŽ΅: "This is Me" by Keala Settle from The Greatest Showman

23.) WHEN THE FIRST IS THE BEST- A book you love that's the start of a series/ A song you love that's the opening track of an album: 

        πŸ“–: The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien- Definitely, my favorite of the series but I do really love The Two Towers and Return of the King

        πŸŽ΅: "Beer Never Broke My Heart" by Luke Combs

24.) READ/ LISTEN TO THIS NOW- A book that you think everyone should read/ A song that you think everyone should listen to: 

        πŸ“–: The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy 

        πŸŽ΅: "How You Doing Up There" by Scotty McCreery- One of my favorites of his. 

25.) GOODBYE IS THE HARDEST WORD- A book/ song you like by an artist no longer alive: 

        πŸ“–: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

        πŸŽ΅: "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley- Elvis was my grandmother's favorite singer of all time. Every time I hear one of his songs, especially this one, I think of her. 

26.) I LOVE THEIR LOVE- A book/ song that makes you want to fall in love: 

        πŸ“–: Caught Running by Madeline Urban and Abigail Roux and Dearest Milton James by N. R. Walker

        πŸŽ΅: "Come What May" sung by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman from Moulin Rouge- Quite possibly the most beautiful song that I have ever heard. Also, one of the best movie musicals ever. Ewan is so damn good in it. 

27. HEARTBREAKER- A book/ song that breaks your heart:

        πŸ“–: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

        πŸŽ΅: "Who Knew" by Pink

28. BEAUTIFUL WORDS- A book by an author whose writing you love/ A song by an artist whose voice you love:

        πŸ“–: Circe by Madeline Miller 

        πŸŽ΅: "Can't Stop Loving You" by Phil Collins

29.) CHILDHOOD FAVORITE- A book/ A song you remember from your childhood:

        πŸ“–: Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans 

        πŸŽ΅: "You'll Be in My Heart" by Phil Collins 

30.) PLAY IT SO LOUD SO THE WORLD CAN HEAR ITS AWESOMENESS!- An audiobook you want everyone to listen to/ A song you always want to play loud:

        πŸ“–: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness- This is a book that I believe everyone should read and also listen to. It is a stunning experience both ways and I highly recommend it. I have read this book twice, once physically and the second time through the audiobook (read by Jason Issacs). It hit me even harder the second time around, after losing my Gram. This is one of the books that has had me sobbing the most and I believe it is a book that anyone could get something out of. It'll always be a favorite.

        πŸŽ΅: "Do You Hear the People Sing" from Les MisΓ©rables- This is my favorite song from my favorite musical. Everytime I listen to it, I just want to blast it. 

31.) LOVE IS LOVE- A LGBT book that you love/ A LGBT song that you love: 

        πŸ“–: Simon vs. the Homeo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli- This book meant the world to me when I originally read it. I love Blue and Simon's relationship so much. It's just a beautiful story that draws you in. I'm due for a reread pretty soon. 

        🎡: So, I obviously had to have a bunch for this one: 

                "Say You Love Me" by Steve Grand

                "Boys Like Boys" and "Young Love" by Eli Lieb

                "If They Only Knew" by Alfie Arcuri 

                "Really Don't Care" by Demi Lovato- I rock out to this every time I hear it. God, I love it so damn much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment