Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Prompt 29

May 29th

"You Play On" Poem

Sometimes I wonder where we would be today,

If we had actually met up on that day,

Or if I didn't say no to you three years later. 


There are so many times I have thought about you, 

While hearing a song we once listened to,

And in those moments, I stop and remember.


But you were the one that decided to never show,

That made me sit there and wait for you for over an hour,

Hoping and praying that you wouldn't stand me up, again.


Sometimes I wonder where we would be today, 

If you would have come like you told me you would,

Or that I would have given you a second chance three years later. 


There have been so many times that I thought of you

Over the last couple of years, while hearing one 

Of your favorite songs, and always they make me remember,


That you were the one that decided to not show

And I'm not going to keep up this hope anymore. 

You have played on in my head too many times ever since,

A song that I wish was never written on some days

And on others, one that was an old nostalgic favorite. 


Playing on and on.

    Who knows when it will ever stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment