Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, May 16, 2022

Prompt 16

 May 16th

A Writer's Life For Me Tag


Another tag for my prompt for today. Below is a link to the video where I first saw this tag. I don't actually know who created it originally. 

1. What kind of writer are you?
     ✍️ Young adult fantasy
     ✍️ Young adult and adult contemporary
     ✍️ Poetry

2. When did you start writing and what made you want to try it?
     ✍️ Majorly in tenth grade, I have always really loved the idea of creating worlds that people can experience. Worlds that become real to people just as much as our own. It's an incredible feeling. I wanted to create my own worlds that people would want to venture to.

3. What inspires your stories?
    ✍️ There is so much that has inspired my writing. Whether that be the books that I love, a random line, nature, or just life in general. A lot of times some random idea will pop in my head from something I saw in a dream. Or I'll get an idea from something someone said. It all depends.

4. What themes do you explore in your writing?
     ✍️ There are multiple examples of themes throughout the books I'm writing now. There's a bit of ambition, coming of age, courage, deception, discovery, and I could continue on from there.

    ✍️ For an overall theme, I'd say coming of age. Max and Evianna are both growing up and learning how to live in the world around them.

5. Are you a plotter, pantser, or planters?
    ✍️ Definitely, a plotter. I like having a somewhat clear idea of where I'm going in a story. I like having a full working outline, though it does change as I'm writing.

6. Where are you in your writing journey?
     ✍️ I have written one novel and am almost done with my second. I also have a working outline for the rest of the books in my series. There are also other ideas that I have worked on over the years that I have started. On WIP that I have is at about 30,000 words and I have so many ideas for that. 

7. Have you entered any writing contests? Did you win any?
    ✍️ I entered into a poetry contest five years ago. I didn't win but I was published in an anthology. That was an incredible achievement.

8. Who are your writing heroes?
     ✍️ Terry Pratchett, Chris Colfer, Neil Gaiman, Madeleine Miller, Rebecca Ross, and Diana Wynne Jones

9. Have you been to a writing conference?
     ✍️ Yes, I went to the Virginia Woolf Conference in college for a paper that I wrote on Mina Loy.  It was a great experience.

10. What are your top 3 writing tips?
      1. Don't be afraid of writing something you weren't planning to originally into a story. You never know where it may go.

      2. Write what you know and what you love.

      3. Believe that you can finish what you are working on. Don't doubt yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment