Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Prompt 12

 May 12th

  A to Z Survey

I decided for today that I'm just going to do a tag of different bookish questions about myself instead of a full prompt. I actually did this on my other blog five years ago, but almost all of my answers have changed since then so that's great. The tag is originally by Jamie on her blog Perpetual Page Turner. Here is the link to the actual page: http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2013/08/some-friday-fun.html

A- Author you've read the most from:

        Terry Pratchett, I have read 43 books by him. By the end of this year, I plan on reading at least 54 of his books, most likely much more. 

B- Best Sequel Ever: 

        The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer- I absolutely adore this book so much. I have read it 9 times already because I reread the series every year. 

C- Currently Reading:

        My Imaginary Mary by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

D- Drink of Choice While Reading:

       Tea, especially Green Tea. I could live on that and water. 

E- Ereader or Physical book:

        Physical book

F- Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school:

        Howl, I'd totally date him. Lol

G- Glad you gave this book a chance:

        Well, I'm really glad that I picked up the Discworld series in 2017. It's an all-time favorite series for me now and I just absolutely adore it so much. 

H- Hidden Gem book:

        The Insanity series by Cameron Jace- I wish more people knew about this series. 

I- Important Moment in your reading life:

        I want to be corny and say the moment I picked up my first book and fell in love. To say the truth, that really was an important moment in my life because I wouldn't be here today writing on this blog without that moment. I never would have written a book or the countless others that I have started over the years. So, I guess that moment was pretty much one of the most important moments for me. I cannot tell you how glad I am that it happened. 

J- Just finished:

        The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett, the 30th book in the Discworld series and the first in the Tiffany Aching subseries. It was amazing!

K- Kinds of Books you won't read:

       Most Thrillers and Horror, though I cannot say that I will never read them because I        have read some of each. I definitely am not a fan of Thrillers though. 

L- Longest book you've read:    

       A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin with 1,136 pages- I adore this book and the series so much. Can't wait to read A Dance of Dragons

M- Major book hangover because of: 

        I don't remember what my last book hangover was actually. I know that it was a bit after I read Little Women that I read anything. So maybe that. 

N- Number of bookcases you own:

        7 full size, a library cart, a short one, and some shelves

O: One book you have read multiple times:

        A lot of them. The Land of Stories in whole, Hogfather by Terry Pratchett, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, and many others. 

P- Preferred Place to Read:

        My recliner or my bean bag chair

Q- Quote that inspires you/ gives you all the feels from a book you read:

        “There are many Beths in the world, shy and quiet, sitting in corners till needed, and living for others so cheerfully that no one sees the sacrifices till the little cricket on the hearth stops chirping, and the sweet, sunshiny presence vanishes, leaving silence and shadow behind.”- This quote is from very early on in Little Women and is so touching. I adore it so much. 

R- Reading regret:

        Not reading Little Women by Louisa May Alcott before this year. Oh, my goodness this book is one of the most amazing books I have ever read and I cannot believe that I have never read it. 

S- Series you started and need to finish:

        The Chronicles of Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander- I have two books left. 

        The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett- I have eleven books left. 

        The Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin- Well, the books that are out anyway. I have one left. 

T- Three of your all-time favorite books:

        Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger- For today anyway. 

U- Unapologetic fangirl for:

        The Discworld series, The Land of Stories series, The Insanity series, graphic novels, male/ male romances, anything Greek Mythology (especially retellings), Alice in Wonderland retellings, other retellings, and The Lord of the Rings series

V- Very excited for this release more than any other:

        2022 release: The Odyssey by Stephen Fry- I have been anxiously waiting for Stephen      Fry's version of The Odyssey ever since I heard that he was going to be doing it. As far as I know, it will be coming out later this year. I hope it does. I love The Odyssey so darn much!

        2023 release: Painted Devils by Margaret Owen- OH MY GOSH, I cannot wait for this sequel. The first book, Little Thieves was one of my favorite books this year and this book sounds amazing! I wish it was coming out this year, but I will patiently wait for it (yeah, right). Also, look at this cover. 

W- Worst bookish habit:

        Recently, I have been putting down books because I want to read them in one sitting, and then I never get back to them. I really should just read them when I can so I can actually read them. 

X-  X Marks the spot (start at the top of your shelf and pick the 27th book):

        The Last Hero by Terry Pratchett

Y- Your latest book purchase:

        Lacuna by N. R. Walker 

Z-  ZZZ Snatcher book (the last book that kept you up way late): 

        Davo by N. R Walker


I hope you enjoyed this little look into some bookish facts/habits/ and tidbits about me. I know that I enjoyed completing it. Answering questions like this have always been one of my favorite things to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment