Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, November 21, 2022

Reviews Week 46

 Reviews Week 46

November 14th-20th

Book 160: The Vermilion Emporium

by Jamie Pacton

Read on November 15th-19th

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

I absolutely adored the world and characters in this book, especially Twain and Quinta. It was so much fun reading about their adventure and romance. Also, the magic system with the starlight was intriguing, and I loved how we discovered more about it as the story continued. What interested me in this book were the comp titles and the little bit of the description that I read months ago when I requested it. I have been waiting for the right moment to read it, which happened this week. This book was beautiful, and I could not get enough of it. 

Also, please make sure if you pick this up to read the author’s note at the end. Some people don’t read anything in a book after the story, but I highly recommend reading Jamie’s note. It was beautiful, and I loved reading about her inspiration for this story. 

This book is a highly entertaining read that I adored from Twain’s first perspective. I liked seeing the story from both his and Quinta’s point of view. The Vermilion Emporium was such an excellent idea with a shop that moves from place to place. I won’t spoil anything about the inside, but I know that I would love to be able to go into a shop like that. Such a neat idea! This fantasy world was a favorite that I know I will return to again and again. I am buying my own copy of it, and I cannot wait for it to come to add to my collection. Also, I hope that Jamie continues on with this world. I would love to see more adventures with Twain, Quinta, and the Vermilion Emporium. 

*Thank you to the publisher for my ARC of the book. All opinions are my own.* 

Book 161: Snuff

by Terry Pratchett

Read on November 20th

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

This book was absolutely wonderful and such a great time. I cannot believe that this is my last Watch book and that I only have two more books left in the Discworld series. It has been a joy following Sam Vimes ever since Guards! Guards! and seeing him with his family. I love his relationship with Sybil and seeing Little Sam a little older this time. 

“... the bestselling novel taking the Ankh-Morpork literary world by storm was dedicated to Commander Samuel Vimes. 

The title of the book was Pride and Extreme Prejudice”

I love that Vimes goes on vacation with his family and gets involved in a murder investigation. Wouldn’t expect anything less from him, though. Loved the references to Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen. Couldn’t help tearing-up a bit at the end, because I didn’t want it to be done. This book was just one more example of Terry Pratchett’s incredible works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment