Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Cozy Reads

 

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Cozy Reads

1.) Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne- I grew up watching the Winnie-the-Pooh tv series and movies. Also, I read the collection of books by A. A. Milne in elementary school. In 2017, I read the first book in the series again, Winnie-the-Pooh, which is still one of my absolute favorite books from childhood. It surprised me how funny this book actually was, and I adored how adorable it was. 

2.) Thirty Things by Cate Ashwood- Thirty Things is a road trip book with a cute romance. Romance stories like this are always comfort reads for me.  

3.) The Boy, the Mole, the Fox, and the Horse by Charlie Mackey- This book is one of my all-time favorites. I love the message behind it and also the illustrations. It will always be one of my go-to reads for years to come. 

4.) Tic-Tac-Mistletoe by N. R. Walker- N. R. Walker's books are my go-to books when I book to cheer up. This book and the next book were two of my favorites I have ever read of hers, and I cannot wait to reread them soon. 

5.) Dearest Milton James by N. R. Walker- I am a sucker for a dead letter office story, and this book was wonderful. The romance is beyond cute, and I loved the team of workers in the dead letter office. These types of romance books are comfort reads for me.

6.) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott- One of the two books that I read this year that made the list. This novel made me laugh, cry, and just completely and utterly happy. It was one of the best books I have ever read, and I cannot wait to reread it. I don't think I need to recommend this book to anyone because it is so well-known. But I will anyway. It is definitely worth the read, and I cannot recommend it enough. I only wish that I had read it before now.

7.) The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna- The second book on this list that I read for the first time this year. This excellent book had everything I love in a story, witchy vibes, found family, quirkiness, a cute romance, and a warm cozy feeling. I went into this book knowing I would love it, and I'm glad to say that it surpassed my expectations.

8.) The Tea Dragon Society by Kay O’Neill- An adorable book I love. Also, the illustrations are stunning. I want one of the tea dragons for a pet; they are the cutest. 

9.) The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer- My favorite series of all time is The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer. The first book in the series is my most-read book. I love following Alex and Connor throughout the Land of Stories. This is my ultimate comfort series that I reread every single year. 

10.) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis- This book and the rest of The Chronicles of Narnia series make me think of childhood. The series was one of the first I ever read and fell in love with. It is one of the ultimate comfort series for me, with a world and characters that will always be favorites. 

It's like going back down memory lane. I don't remember precisely when I first read this book. I'd say in fourth or fifth grade in our library class. All I know is that I remember falling in love with this book and begging my grandmother to get the entire collection for me for Easter when I saw it at Walmart. I don't remember how many times I have read this over the years, but it is still a favorite of mine after all this time.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my post, Deanna. Yes, it is! Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete
  2. So many wonderful books on your list!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/cozy-gift-ideas-for-book-lovers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. Have a great rest of your week, and I'll check out your post.

      Delete
  3. This is such a great list! I love Charles Mackey's illustrations, I've not read the book, I follow his page on FB.
    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2022/11/top-ten-cozy-reads.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love his illustrations. I'll check out your list of cozy reads. Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete
  4. Winnie the Pooh is the best. Love seeing Narnia as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie the Pooh is definitely the best! Thank you for checking out my post, Greg. Have a great rest of your week.

      Delete
  5. Awwww, Winnie the Pooh! Love that you included that silly old bear. He's the best.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie the Pooh will always be a favorite of mine! Thank you for checking out my post, Susan. Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete