Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Thursday, September 8, 2022

The End of the Year Book Tag!

The End of the Year Book Tag was created by Ariel Bissett on her Booktube channel. I absolutely love doing this tag every year. 

1.) Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?

    πŸ¦‰ The Embroidered Book by Kate Heartfield, which I enjoyed when I started it but never finished. I have to get back to this sometime soon. 


2.) Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?

    πŸ‚ Hocus Pocus: The Illustrated Novelization by A. W. Jantha and illustrated by Gris Grimly. I adore Hocus Pocus and cannot wait to read this beauty in October. 

3.) Is there a new release you're still waiting for?

    πŸ¦‰ Beyond the Wand: The Magic and Mayhem of Growing Up a Wizard by Tom Felton. Oh my gosh, I cannot wait to read this book!


4.) What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?

    πŸ‚ A River Enchanted by Rebecca Ross

    πŸ The Drowned Woods by Emily Lloyd Jones

    πŸ‚ Nettle & Bone by T. Kingfisher


5.) Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?

    πŸ¦‰ I don't believe any book will beat out Little Women by Louisa May Alcott for me. It's been my favorite of the year since March, but if one book could, it might be A River Enchanted by Rebecca Ross. 

6.) Have you already started making reading plans for 2023?

    πŸ‚ Yes, I have figured out many of my reading goals for next year. I will say that some of these may change by that point, but I have many ideas. Here are some goals I would like to set for myself for 2023.

            πŸ¦‰ Read 100 books- This goal will definitely happen because I have made it my reading goal for the last five years. Don't plan on changing that anytime soon. 

            πŸ¦‰ Read a comic series- Another goal I have done for the last few years and that I definitely want to do in 2023. In 2020, I read The Sandman by Neil Gaiman, last year I read The Lumberjanes, and this year I have been reading Jim Henson's The Storyteller

Next year, I plan on either reading Fable by Bill Willingham, The Unwritten by Mike Carey, or Groo the Wanderer by Sergio AragonΓ©s.

            πŸ¦‰ Read 23 books in 2023- This year, I made a goal to read 22 books in 2022, and I have had a lot of fun with that. Next year, I would like to do the same with 23 books to read in 2023. Some of the books I am thinking about for this are: Sometimes We Tell the Truth by Kim Zarins, The Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll, A Blade so Black by L. L. McKinney, and Sing Me Forgotten by Jessica S. Olsen.

            πŸ¦‰ Finish 5 Series- I hope for this goal that I will at least finish one of my larger series that I have started next year, and we will see what else I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment