Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Books with Geographical Terms in the Title

 

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Books with Geographical Terms in the Title

The Prompt: Pick out books that have Geographical terms in the title. (for example: mountain, island, latitude/longitude, ash, bay, beach, border, canyon, cape, city, cliff, coast, country, desert, epicenter, hamlet, highway, jungle, ocean, park, sea, shore, tide, valley, etc. For a great list, click here!) 

(Submitted by Lisa of Hopewell)

1. Paper Towns by John Green- This book is one of my favorite John Green novels. 


2. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens- I never really liked this book too much. 



3. The Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin- I enjoyed this book a lot when I read it but not the second book in the Earthsea series. Sometime soon, I would like to continue with the series and see how the rest of it is. 


4. The Emerald City of Oz by L. Frank Baum- One of my favorites of the Oz series, right below Ozma of Oz and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I love Baum's world that he created. The scope of Baum's Oz world is so much more than many even know. He has created such a vast world that draws you in with every word. I loved seeing more parts of Oz and the worlds surrounding it, and also the Nome King will always be a favorite villain for me. 


5. The Sandman Vol. 3: Dream Country by Neil Gaiman- I have loved The Sandman comic series by Neil Gaiman ever since I first read it in 2020 and was very excited about the Netflix series. Oh my goodness, they did such an incredible job with adapting the comics. I especially love how they did the first two issues from this volume: "Calliope" and "A Dream of a Thousand Cats." My review for the first season of the show will be in My Favorites of Summer 2022, which I will have on my blog on September 22nd (the first day of Fall).  This volume will always be one of my favorites from the series as a whole. "A Midsummer Night's Dream" is one of my absolute favorite issues. 


6. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern- The Starless Sea was one of my favorite novels of 2020. I love the interwoven story that we get throughout this novel and how the pieces fit together. It's a book about the love of the written word and how connected and mesmerized by a story, we can become. How much it can take over your life. I loved the harbor and the characters. It was a stunning experience that drew me in and would not let me go.


7. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder- I read this book when I was a child, and I don't really remember much of the plot of the actual book. The tv series was and still is my mother's absolute favorite tv show. I was named after Laura's sister Carrie, so this book has an important part in my life. Well, at least the show always has. 



8. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan- The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series is one of my absolute favorite series. It's definitely one that I would love to read again sometime soon, maybe next year.  



9. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman- This novel is my favorite of Neil's. I first read The Ocean at the End of the Lane back in 2016 and fell in love with the story. Neil's prose is some of my favorites and will always be.  This novel is so captivating and haunting. Also, the illustrations in this book are quite amazing. They go perfectly with the book. Neil is one of my favorite authors, and this is one of the reasons. Man, do I adore this book.



10. The Night Country by Melissa Albert- I adored Melissa Albert's The Hazel Wood when I first read it a couple of years ago. This sequel to that really excited me and it was a very good continuation. I did not enjoy it as much as the first, but it was pretty darn good. Especially, with the fairy tales that Melissa introduced. I also love the fairy tale collection that she made, Tales from the Hinterland. I love the eerie feeling of the fairytales, and I will always be a sucker for portal fantasies. 

11 comments:

  1. Great list. The Starless Sea is a popular title this week and it makes me want to read it even more.
    Here is my TTT: https://herseriallife.com/top-10-books-with-geographical-terms-in-title/
    Have a great week 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I definitely recommend The Starless Sea; it is excellent. I'll check out your TTT. Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  2. Great picks for this week's topic!

    Here's a link to my Top Ten Tuesday list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I have enjoyed a lot #2, 3, and 9.
    Here is my list: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/09/13/top-ten-books-with-geographical-terms-in-the-title/, with half of them classics

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun connection you have to Little House on the Prairie! I adored the books and the t.v. series when I was a kid.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Percy Jackson!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/books-with-home-terms-in-the-title/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know. Anytime I can use a Percy Jackson/ Rick Riordan book in a prompt, I do. I'll check out your post.

      Delete
  6. Percy Jackson is also one of my absolute favourite series!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/13/top-ten-tuesday-385/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved A Wizard of Earthsea and Little House on the Prairie! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete