Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, September 19, 2022

Reviews Week 37

 Reviews Week 37

September 12th-18th

Book 122: Jim Henson’s The Storyteller: Fairies

By Tyler Jenkins

Read on September 12th

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

A beautiful collection and one of my favorites from Jim Henson's The Storyteller series. The more I read this series, the more I want to rewatch The Storyteller tv show. 

Book 123: Grocery Shopping with My Mother

By Kevin Powell

Read on September 13th-14th

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

I like this collection. My favorite poems from the collection were "Grocery Shopping with My Mother," "September 11," and "Son2Mother." They were so powerful and stood out so much from the other poems. This entire collection showed so much emotion. I did not enjoy every poem as much as the three that I mentioned. 


*Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for my ARC of the book. All opinions are my own. *


Book 124: Making Money

By Terry Pritchett

Read on September 17th-18th

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

Another fun adventure with Moist von Lipwig, and I loved seeing Vetinari’s plans with him. This time around, Moist is helping a dog run a bank and helps show the absurdity of money in itself. I enjoyed this book quite a lot, as I almost always do with the Discworld books. Terry always did such an incredible job bringing real-world issues into the Discworld and then bringing humor to them. I will say, though, that I enjoyed Going Postal quite a bit more than this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment