Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, September 5, 2022

Reviews Weeks 34-35

 Reviews Weeks 34-35

August 22nd-September 4th

Book 113: Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Giants

By Conor Nolan, Brandon Dayton, Karl Kerschl,

 Jared Cullumand Feifei Ruan

Read on August 22nd-23rd

📚📚📚📚

A great collection of comics that I enjoyed so much. I love the art style of each comic, and the stories were great! My favorite from the Jim Henson Storyteller collection so far.


Book 114: Marvel-Verse: Thor

By Roger Langridge

Read on August 

📚📚

I did not enjoy this as much as I wanted to. Thor is one of my favorite Marvel characters, and I will continue looking for volumes to read.


Book 115: A Dance with Dragons

By George R. R. Martin

Read on August 24th-30th

📚📚📚📚

Finally finished what is out in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, and this book was great! I loved almost all of the perspectives, especially Barristan, Reek/Theon, Bran, and Dany. Like I said for the last book, I wish the show would have stuck to the books' plot so much more. 

There are so many great scenes in this book that never were in the show that I wish were there. Especially the plot with Young Griff.


Book 116: The City Under the City

By Dan Yaccarino

Read on September 3rd

📚📚📚📚📚

A science fiction/dystopian book for young readers is such a great idea! I really enjoyed reading this book quite a lot, and I will be picking up a copy of it for my preschool books collection. There are so many great details within this book, like the dolls of Alice, Dorothy, Madeline, and Pippi-Longstocking within the library.

I love how the style within the book felt like a comic book with the illustrations, text bubbles, and panels. Everything was so beautiful to look at, along with the wonderful story.

*Thank you to NetGalley for my ARC of this book. All opinions are my own. *


Book 117: Part of My World

By Jodi Benson

Read on September 2nd-4th

📚📚📚📚📚

My favorite Disney movie has always been The Little Mermaid. I have adored Ariel's story for almost thirty years and have loved Jodi Benson's voice for that entire time. Needless to say, I had to pick up this book as soon as I saw that Jodi had written it. I wanted to read about her life and the story about the making of The Little Mermaid. This book was such an entertaining read. 

There was obviously so much about Jodi that I had never heard before. I loved reading about her time making The Little Mermaid so much, but my favorite part of this book was learning about the other aspects of her life. She put so much of herself into this memoir, and I loved every minute of reading it. 

Ariel has been an important part of most of my life. She was somebody that I looked up to, especially her love for her family. My favorite two scenes from the movie are at the very end. The first is when King Triton realizes that he has to let Ariel go, and the second is when Ariel says, "I love you, Daddy." It was great reading about Jodi's recording of that line and what went into creating many of my favorite scenes. Especially recording "Part of Your World." Her relationship with Howard Ashman played a lot into the plot of this book, and I enjoyed hearing about that. 

I love books that give insights into movies and the actresses/actors behind the roles. Jodi's book had me smiling, laughing, and tearing up. It was enjoyable to read about her life story and journey to stardom. I love how down-to-earth she seems, and I would love to be able to meet her one day. I already preordered a copy of the book for my collection.

Also, I love how she had Paige O'Hara (the voice of Belle in Beauty and the Beast) do the forward. It was wonderful hearing about their friendship over the years. 

*Thank you, NetGalley for my ARC of this beautiful memoir. All opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment