Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Favorite One Word Titles

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Favorite One Word Titles (instead of Favorite Words) 

This week I decided to pick my favorite titles that are only one word. 

1. Hogfather by Terry Pratchett- Link to my review

2. Insanity by Cameron Jace- I adore the Insanity series by Cameron Jace, especially the way Cameron took the Wonderland characters. It is an absolutely wonderful Alice's Adventures in Wonderland retelling, that is so twisted, creepy, and an absolute joy of a read.  

3. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi- One of my favorite middle-grade books ever. This has such a wonderful world. Tahereh has such an amazing writing style that I could not get enough of. I hope she revisits this world eventually. 

4. Stardust by Neil Gaiman- Link to my review

5. Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick- I absolutely adore Brian Selznick's books. This is one of my favorites of his books. I love how he uses such beautiful illustrations along with his words to tell a story. He is one of a kind. 

6. Mythos by Stephen Fry- Link to my review

7. Kingsbane by Claire Legrand- This is the only book on this list that I have yet to read. I love this title so much and this cover. I plan on reading it sometime soon. 

8. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke- Link to my review

9. Malice by Heather Walter- Link to my review

10. Circe by Madeline Miller- Link to my review

8 comments:

  1. Some great choices here, I rarely ever read books with one word titles, they just don't seem to be all that common. Generally the titles of most books I read are usually three or more words.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/18/top-ten-tuesday-390/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my post. I had a lot of fun coming up with the titles for this. Surprisingly, I had a very easy time coming up with one-word titles. I'll check out your post.

      Delete
  2. Excellent list! I love Neil Gaiman but haven't managed to read Stardust yet. Soon!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I recommend Stardust, it is so great! I'll check out your post.

      Delete
  3. Inkheart is such a good book. I loved that one so much. I've been meaning to get to Circe forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inkheart is one of my favorites. You definitely need to read Circe. It's beautiful. Thank you for checking out my post!

      Delete
  4. Nice twist on the topic! It takes a strong word to stand alone on a book cover, so it's interesting to see which ones are used. Great list.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete