Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, October 31, 2022

Reviews Week 43

  Reviews Week 43

October 24th-30th

Book 146: The Castle of Tangled Magic

by Sophie Anderson

Read on October 25th-26th

📚📚📚📚

This book was a lot of fun to read. I enjoyed the world and the fantastical aspects throughout the entire thing. My favorite parts of the book were the bits of Russian culture, and the spirits Olia finds in the castle and The Land of Forbidden Magic. It makes me want to read the other Slavic tales that Sophie took inspiration from.

I also loved the familial elements and how connected Olia was to her family. It's great when a fantasy novel has such a big focus on family. They each played an essential role in the story and Olia's life.

I loved the fantasy land created in this book and the illustrations were wonderful. I will definitely be picking up the rest of Sophie's books soon. Especially The House with Chicken Legs because I have a feeling, I know who that one is about after the ending of this one.

Book 147: The Library of the Unwritten

by A. J. Hackwith

Read on October 27th-30th

📚📚📚📚

The concept of this book is so intriguing. I love the idea of a library filled with unwritten books by people and how those characters can escape from their books. The concept of an author being able to meet their characters will always excite me. I enjoyed this book's storyline a lot and the characters we follow throughout.

Claire, the librarian for this library in Hell, was a character I loved from the beginning of this book. It was great that we learned about some other librarians from the past, especially Bjorn. I loved reading about Claire's battle with Bjorn was such a fantastic idea.

Also, the found family elements were outstanding. That will always be my favorite trope in books. I will definitely pick up the second book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment