Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Bookstores I'd Love to Visit


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Bookstores I’d Love to Visit
One of my favorite topics ever for a list, which I had a lot of fun creating. I love going to the bookstore. These are the bookstores that I would love to go to. 

1. The Strand bookstore in New York City- It has been my dream to go to this bookstore ever since I first heard about it. 

2. Shakespeare and Company in Paris, France- I made a bucket list of places I would love to go to sometime in my life, and this is definitely on that list. 

3. Powell's in Portland, Oregon- This bookstore, along with The Strand, are two of the largest bookstores in the world. I would love to explore this one to see what I could find there. 

4. Atlantis Books in Oía, Santorini, Greece- My dream is to one day go to Santorini, Greece, and this would definitely be one of my stops. 



5. Livraria da Vila in Sao Paulo, Brazil- This bookstore, along with some of the others on this list, just looks really cool. 


6. Barter Books in Alnwick, UK- This bookstore was made out of an old train station, and I'd love to see it in person. 


7. Leakey's Bookshop in Inverness, Scotland- I love the style of this bookshop. I'd love to have a home library that looks like this. 

8. Alice Through the Looking Glass in London, England- This shop makes my Alice-loving heart happy. It is among the top places that I want to go to in my lifetime. 

9. Shakespeare & Co in Vienna, Austria- If I go to the original, I'll also have to go to this one too. 

10. The Madhatter Bookshop in Buford, England- Another bookstore for my Alice-loving heart. 


If it was still open I would have also loved to go to the Discworld Emporium in Wincanton, UK- Sadly, they closed their physical location in the UK because of Covid. They do have an online shop, though. 

10 comments:

  1. Great list!

    I had not heard of Livraria da Vila in Sao Paulo, Brazil - need to add to my future "dream destinations."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's one that I just found out about recently. It's the only one that I had not heard about before making this list.

      Delete
  2. The Strand Bookstore has been a popular pick this week. I think it would lovely to visit.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-fictional-bookstores-id-love-to-visit/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it does. I checked out your post. Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete
  3. I'd love to go to Barter Books, though I live quite far away from Alnwick!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/04/top-ten-tuesday-388/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that one was one of the coolest ones I found. I live in the USA, so most of these are far away for me. I'll check out your post. Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete
  4. The first three on your list are on my bucket list. I didn't even know there was a location of Shakespeare & Co that wasn't in Paris.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/nine-favorite-fictional-bookstores-libraries/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was either until I was making this list. I'll check out your post. Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I want to go there some day. Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete