Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, October 24, 2022

Reviews Week 42

 Reviews Week 42

October 17th-23rd

Book 140: The Journey: Big Panda 

and Tiny Dragon

By James Norbury 

Read on October 17th

📚📚📚📚📚

This book was wonderful! I loved the journey that Big Panda and Tiny Dragon went on this time. These books always make me think of Winnie the Pooh with the messages. Also, the artwork is absolutely stunning.

Book 141: The Dreaming Vol 1: 

Pathways and Emanations

By Simon Spurrier

Read on October 16th-17th

📚📚

The reason I’m giving this book two stars is because the artwork was beautiful, and I did enjoy the beginning of this. If not for the beautiful artwork, I would have given it a one-star. After a certain point though, I did not like the story at all. It’s sad because I was excited to read more stories in The Sandman Universe, but this just wasn’t what I wanted at all. Very disappointing.

Book 142: Delirium's Party: 

A Little Endless Storybook

By Jill Thompson

Read on October 18th

📚📚📚

This book was very cute and I’m glad that they decided to do more of A Little Endless stories. I really enjoyed the ones from The Sandman comics. Delirium is a good choice to be the main character of these, especially with the style. It really fits her.

Book 143: A Little Endless Storybook

By Jill Thompson

Read on October 18th

📚📚📚

Another really cute book. Just like the other one, I like the style. Delirium is perfect for these books, and I will read more of these if they come out.

Book 144: Unseen Academicals

By Terry Pratchett

Read on October 

📚📚📚

I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to, which is true for most of the wizard books. When I first heard the synopsis of this book, I thought that it sounded like it was going to be absolutely hilarious. Sadly, it just wasn't what I thought it would be. 

I'm sad that I only have four more books left to read in the series. 

Book 145: A Very Secret Society of 

Irregular Witches

By Sangu Mandanna 

Read on October 22nd-23rd

📚📚📚📚📚

This wonderful book had everything I love in a story, witchy vibes, found family, quirkiness, a cute romance, and a warm cozy feeling. I went into this book knowing that I would love it. 

It was just an enjoyable experience reading every single page of Mika's story. I adored her as a character and the family that she grew to love. Ian, Ken, Lucie, Jamie, Rosette, Terracotta, and Altamira were such great characters, and I loved how close Mika grew to all of them.  Their little family was perfection. Truthfully, I did not want this book to end, though I will say that the ending fit so well with the story. It was absolutely hilarious and beautiful.

“The thing is, being a witch is extraordinary,” she said. “It might seem sometimes that all we are is odd and different, but the truth is, we’re amazing.”

 It was the perfect book for this time of the year, and I know that I will be rereading it again and again. I hope that Sangu will return to this world again someday. This world was just so wonderful. Absolutely perfect in every way!

No comments:

Post a Comment