Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Books I Was Reading On This Day Over the Last Ten Years

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Books I Was Reading on This Day Over the Last 10 Years: August 11th

I enjoyed the prompt for Top Ten Tuesday this week. We were meant to say the books we read on August 11th for the last ten years (2025-2016). Below, I have shown those books and the ones I read around that day if I didn't read anything on the specific day for the year. It's so interesting to look back at what I was reading over the years. Looking at my reading statistics is always interesting for me. I would love to do this again for other days. There is definitely a wide variety of books here.  

2025:  Finished The Cranberry Hush by Ben Monopoli and read Don't Leave Me Alone (Unlikely Heroes #1) by Jenny Wood

2024: Finished The Search for the Red Dragon (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica #2) by James A. Owen on August 9th. Then read some fanfiction the next few days. 

2023: A Lover's Gift: From Him to Her (A collection of poetry and music) Read by Michael Sheen

2022: Finished Echo North (Echo North #1) by Joanna Ruth Meyer and read Beetle & the Hollowbones (The Beetle Books #1) by Aliza Layne on August 10th. Then, I didn't read anything else until August 13th

2021: Continued reading Daughter of Sparta by Claire M. Andrews

2020: Finished Checkmate (Insanity #6) and read Family (Insanity #7) and Mushrooms (Insanity #8) by Cameron Jace- It's hard to believe that it has been 6 years since I last read the Insanity series


2019:  Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley

2018: Christopher Robin: The Little Book of Poohisms: With help from Piglet, Eeyore, Rabbit, Owl, and Tigger, too! by Brittany Rubiano- Such a sweet little book

2017: Read Downward Dog: Very Serious Haiku from a Very Serious Dog by Samm Hodges on August 8th then didn't read anything until August 16th 

2016: Nothing on August 11th but on August 10th I read the entire Spiderwick Chronicles series 1-5 by Holy Black and Tony DiTerlizzi

2 comments: