Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Bookish Places/Events I Want to Go To

 

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Bookish Places/Events I Want to Go To

1. Neuschwanstein Castle in Schwangau, Germany

- The Neuschwanstein Castle is often nicknamed "The Fairy Tale Castle." It is one of the places on this list that I often mention on my blog because of how much I would love to go there.  

 

2. Hobbiton in Matamata, New Zealand

- My dream is to one day get to visit New Zealand and get to see Hobbiton in person. The ultimate for my Middle Earth loving heart.

3. The Jane Austen Festival in Bath, England / Jane Austen House

- I have read almost all of Jane Austen's books. My two favorites are Pride & Prejudice and Northanger Abbey. If I ever get to England, I would love to be able to go to the Jane Austen Festival which is held every year in September. I don't know if that would ever happen. I would like to at least see her house someday.

 

4. Alice in Wonderland Town Trail in Llandudno, Wales

- Alice Pleasance Liddell used to spend her summers in Llandudno, Wales which is where Charles Ludwig (Lewis Carroll) was believed to have spent time with the family. He was inspired by her adventures in the town when writing Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. This is a walking trail that is said to take two to three hours to fully enjoy. 

 

5. Prince Edward Island, Canada

- Last year I read Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery. I would love to be able to visit Prince Edward Island to see Montgomery's inspirations for this wonderful book. They also have lighthouses I would love to be able to see with my mom someday, who absolutely loves them. 

6. The Lake District "The Lakes" in Cumbria, North West England

- The Lake District is an area of England that has inspired many different artists over the years because of its absolute beauty. Some of the artists who found inspiration there are: William Wordsworth (poet), Beatrix Potter (artist and author), Alfred Tennyson (poet), and so many others. This is one of the areas in England I would most like to see if I ever am able to go there. 

7. The New York Public Library in New York City, New York, USA

- This library is on my list because of how many times it has come up in the books I have read over the years. I've wanted to see the iconic lion statues for so many years along with this beautiful library. 

8. Land of Oz Theme Park in Beech Mountain, NC, USA

- I would absolutely love to be able to walk down the yellow brick road they have at the theme park and getting fully immersed into the world. The dream for my Oz loving heart. This is only open during the fall. 

9. Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Walnut Grove, Minnesota

- A place I would love to be able to visit with my mom one day. Her favorite show is Little House and the Prairie. I was actually named after Laura's little sister Carrie because of her love for the show. It would be cool to be able to go with her one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment