Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

The End of the Year Book Tag 2024 edition

 The End of the Year Book Tag was created by Ariel Bissett many years ago. 

It’s one of my favorite tags to do every year right around fall.   

1.) Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?

    πŸ¦‰ Nettle and Bone by T. Kingfisher 

- I started this book earlier this year and never finished it. It is the book I keep saying I am going to finish and then never do. So right, now I am making it my only goal of October.  
 

2.) Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?

    🍁 Ravenfall by Kalyn Josephson

- This book is described as a cross between Halloweentown and Supernatural. I have been wanting to read it for years and cannot wait to pick it up during October. 

3.) Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?- I cannot just pick one new release when both of these books are coming out this year.

    πŸ‚ The Colour of Revenge by Cornelia Funke (Inkworld Book 4)

- I adore the Inkworld series and have been anticipating this book ever since I saw it was coming out years ago. It will be one of the books I am going to read very soon, since I have an arc copy. I'm still debating if I should reread the first three. 

    πŸ¦‰ Odyssey by Stephen Fry

- Another book I have been waiting for for years. I have wanted Stephen Fry to release this ever since I first heard he was doing Troy. The Odyssey is one of my favorite classics and I cannot wait to read Stephen’s version.

4.) What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?

    🍁 Tress of the Emerald Sea by Brandon Sanderson

I have been wanting to pick this book up ever since I bought it last year and just never have. Now, I want to read it even more because it is narrated by Hoid and I loved him in The Way of Kings.

    πŸ‚ Emily Wilde’s Encyclopedia of Fairies by Heather Fawcett

- Another book I have wanted to read since last year. Love anything described as a cozy fantasy.

    πŸ¦‰ Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

- I read The Way of Kings earlier this year and fell in love with the world of The Stormlight Archive. Definitely, have to get to this by the end of the year.

5.) Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?

    πŸ I don’t believe I will love a book this year more than I loved A Sorceress Comes to Call by T. Kingfisher. If anything will though, I think it might be The Colour of Revenge by Cornelia Funke. The original Inkworld books are some of my favorite books of all-time so I am highly looking forward to picking it up. 

6.) Have you already started making reading plans for 2025?

    πŸ‚ Yes, I know many of my reading goals for 2025. These may change by next year, but they are the ideas I have so far. 

            πŸ¦‰ Read 100 books- My reading goal for each year is always to read at least 100 books. I don’t plan changing this anytime soon. 

            πŸ Pick out a series to read/finish in 2025- Many years, I try to at least finish one of the series I have started previously. I don’t know what this will be for 2025, yet. I will pick this out by the end of the year. Some ideas I have are The Winternight Trilogy by Katherine Arden, The Stormlight Archive (the first part) by Brandon Sanderson, or The Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde

            πŸ‚ Read at least 5 tomes- Another repeat goal that I definitely will be doing next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment