Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Agatha All Along: Episode 4 Spoiler Review πŸ‘Ή

  “If I Can’t Reach You / Let My Song Teach You”  

   Agatha is such a fun character. Absolutely adore how damn dramatic she is. I think Episode 4 of Agatha All Along answered quite a bit of questions that I have had about the show so far. Or at least gave some hints towards answers. It was not my favorite of the episodes but there were so many moments that made it another great one for me. Episode 4 had a good mixture of laughs and hard hitting moments for me. Looking forward to see what will happen next. This review is going to be full of spoilers after this paragraph. Please do not read if you don’t want to know what happens in Episode 4. 

Is Rio…?

    There is a rumor going around that Rio is Death and after this episode, I’m beginning to believe that is correct. Agatha blatantly tells Rio “no” multiple times throughout and it isn’t completely spelled out why. The first time is after Rio says “boo” and then looks right over at Teen. This was right after Rio comes out of the ground like a zombie. Then Rio explains that she was in the area. She could have been in the area because she was following Agatha, but I’m wondering if this is a hint because of Sharon’s death. Was she in the area because she was doing her job?  

    Then, after Teen gets hurt in the house Agatha tells Rio “don’t” when they are all trying to save him. This tied in with Rio talking about having to do her job and it causing Agatha to be her scar. Makes me think that she is Death. I believe when she tells the rest of the witches about her scar, she is talking about what she did to make Agatha hate her. So, this makes me wonder if what happened to Nicholas Scratch/Agatha’s son is because of Rio. Did she have to do her job and and made Agatha hate her for it? 

    Agatha definitely knows the truth about Rio with her sad “don’t” and the heartbreak behind that single word. My gosh, it was devastating to see her reaction to what happened to Teen and her very clear fear of losing him. Her reaction to Sharon’s death at the beginning of the episode really helps show this even more. She’s so nonchalant about Sharon and doesn’t seem to care if anyone else lives or dies on the road. But then we see a different side of her when Teen gets severely hurt. Her visible distress sticks out. And that ending was so sad. Damn, I feel so bad for Agatha. Kathryn Hahn is doing an incredible job with her and I hope we will see her even more after this show. I’d love more of all the witches. 

Alice’s Task/ Wizard of Oz Parallels

    I was surprised to find out that Alice’s reason for being on the Witches’ Road was not to find her mother. She wanted a way to save herself and I wonder if she actually defeated the curse. Hopefully. Up until this point, I was not as interested in Alice as the rest of the characters, but this episode helped flesh her out a bit more. The fact that Lorna’s version of “The Ballad of the Witches’ Road” is a protection spell was such a cool reveal. Alice was incredible in this episode. I love that Alice is a protector witch and her mother’s only wish was to protect her daughter. How beautiful she was able to do so through her song. Looking forward to seeing Alice use her skills to protect the other witches.

    The trek down the road is definitely showing heavy parallels to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with the tasks each character has to complete and gain what they need most. Showing they had what they wanted all along, though in the book the Wizard does give them tangible items. Makes me wonder if we are going to get a Wizard character who is not going to be who they say they are. Maybe Teen. 

    I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with Lilia, especially with the spontaneous fragments of visions she keeps having. It’s interesting that she seems to have them about the people she is talking to. This episode it was about Alice. Lilia is the witch I am most interested in learning about. 

The Visuals

    I wanted to take some time for this episode to talk about the visuals in this show. This was one of the best with the 70s vibes in the new house and I loved the eerie feel of the entire thing. Their outfits were great and they all looked stunning. I adored their cover of Lorna’s version of the ballad. It was so great. I know I will be listening to it on repeat.

    I knew from the first house that each witch was going to get a trial that was going to fit them and then a house too. The first was for Jenn and it fit the vibe she is trying to give off for her clients, which she doesn’t like. She even makes a point of saying that she looks like one of her clients, and obviously is disgusted. This one was obviously for Alice, who is always thinking about her mother. Her flashback/nightmare was also set in the 70s. I’m looking forward to seeing the ones for everyone else. 

    They definitely are hinting at parts of Lilia’s past in each of these episodes, this time with images of the witches on the wall. Her focus and reaction for the one with the witch being tortured is very telling. She has probably seen so many other witches/friends tortured and killed over the years. Also, her hatred of the portrayal of witches plays into this. Lilia’s house is definitely going to play on the way witches have been shown over time. Maybe a witches’ castle or something fairytale-esque. 

The Sigil 

    We learn a bit more about the sigil in this episode when Teen questions Agatha about it. I’m still wondering if he knows what is going on, but after what Agatha says here, maybe he doesn’t. She does say she might not know if she put it on him or not because it could hide her knowing about it also. So, if he were the one to have done it he might not know. So it really could be anyone. I wonder what is going to be the reason it gets broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment