Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Friday, September 27, 2024

In Memory of Dame Maggie Smith

Maggie Smith (December 28th, 1934- September 27th, 2024) 

I grew up loving so many great movies with Maggie Smith. One of her most famous roles was in the Harry Potter movies as Professor McGonagall. She was an incredible Minerva and was perfect casting. My favorite of her scenes was in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, when she says “I always wanted to do that spell,” to Molly. I love the little moment of levity.

My first introduction to her was in the Sister Act movies. She was the head nun and I absolutely loved her. Then, I met her again in Hook and The Secret Garden (1993), which are two of my favorite movies. Overall, I have seen her in about twenty movies and loved her in every one. She was an extremely talented actress, who will be greatly missed. 

Rest in Peace Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment