Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Favorites of Summer 2024

  ☀️ My Favorites of Summer 2024 🌻

Below, I have listed some of my favorite music, YouTube videos, and TV that I have watched or listened to this summer. This has been a great season for some amazing entertainment. I also wanted to share the stories I loved on A03 from this season. 

🎵 Music:

This year has been great for new music. Here are some of the best that I loved in Summer 2024. My absolute favorites have an asterisk  (*) by them. 

1. The Tortured Poets Department*

    🎶 I wanted to mention this album again because it has been a countless favorite ever since it came out. It's funny how much each song resonates with me now. There were many songs I didn't enjoy the first several times listening to them but now I enjoy almost every one of them. I love working and listening to this album in the background. It is just so damn beautiful. Taylor has created something special with this one. I mean look at how long it has stayed number one.

2. “People Don’t Talk About” by the Reklaws*- 

    🎼 I first heard this song when the Reklaws performed it on AGT and it had me tearing up. It is one of the best songs I have heard in quite a long time. Now, I’m going to listen to all of their music. Incredible.  

3. Sabrina Carpenter’s cover of “Good Luck Babe”*- 

    🎧 I fell in love with Chappell Roan’s music earlier this year with “Good Luck Babe.” It is such a hit and Sabrina does an incredible job covering it here. I love this just as much as the original. Sabrina puts her own flare on the song and it stands out. Fabulous job. Definitely will be listening to it again and again. 

4. Teddy Swim’s cover of “Cruel Summer”- 

    🎵 Oh my goodness, this version is stunning. “Cruel Summer” is one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs and this is beautiful. Teddy Swim has a great voice. 

5. F-1 Trillion*

    🎶 Post Malone was meant to sing country music. I love this album so damn much. My favorites are “I Had Some Help (feat. Morgan Wallen),” “Nosedive (feat. Lainey Wilson),” “Guy for That (feat. Luke Combs),” “Devil I’ve Been (feat. Ernest),” “M-E-X-I-C-O (feat. Billy Strings),” and “Yours.”  

6. Short n’ Sweet

    🎼 I’ve loved some of Sabrina’s music for years but I have never listened to it consistently. This album is her best. My favorite songs are “Taste*,” “Coincidence,” “Espresso* (It’s the hit of the year for a reason. Damn, it’s such a bop.),” “Please, Please, Please,” and “Juno.” Sabrina’s voice is beautiful. I hope the rumors are true that there is a deluxe version of this album out there because I would love to listen to more music. My favorite thing about Sabrina is her humor. There are so many lyrics in these songs that make me laugh so hard. 

7. “The Ballad of the Witches’ Road” from Agatha All Along

    🎧 I love that we got such a great song for Agatha All Along. This is on my Halloween playlist and I cannot wait to listen to it with the rest. I’m hoping we get other great songs for the show. 

8. “Mockingbird” by Rob Thomas*- 

    🎵  This is a song I used to listen to a lot during college. I have always loved Rob Thomas/Matchbox 20’s music and this was one of my absolute favorites. During this summer I put on a playlist on Spotify and this started to play. It was the first time I had heard it in a long time. I immediately put it in my Summer 2024 playlist. Such a great one!

9. “Ego” by Halsey- 

    🎶 Heard “Ego” for the first time with Halsey’s performance from the VMAs. Another great one. 

10. “Shattered (Turn the Car Around)” by O. A. R.- 

    🎼I used to listen to this song a lot in high school. Another recommendation from a Spotify playlist. Spotify is so great at recommending me songs. They know I have a type. 


📺 TV Shows:

1. Ghosts*

~Finally, finished Season 1-3 of Ghosts. I adore this show so darn much. It was great learning even more about each of the ghosts as the show continued. There are so many clever ideas in this show with the ghosts. My favorite is dealing with imaginary friends. Such a great idea. These writers are clever and I cannot wait to see what they do in season 4. 
~My favorite characters are Issac, Thorfinn, Alberta, and Hetty. 
~October 17th cannot come soon enough. 
~Also, the song “Tubthumping” playing in Hell joke is brilliantly hilarious. This show is my brand of humor. 


2. Agatha All Along (Episodes 1-2)*

~ I have a post on here already discussing my love for these episodes. Agatha All Along is a great continuation of the story started in WandaVision. It is the witchy show I have wanted for a long time and I love it so far with all my heart. Cannot wait to see Episode 3 on Wednesday, September 25th. 


🖥️ YouTube:

1. BooksandLala

~ Reading YOUR 5 ⭐️ Predictions For Me 🤯 (books I’ve never heard of)- Many of these books sound quite interesting. I want to make my own Bingo board like she did and find books to fill in with my favorite things in books. 





~ completing my reading goals in a week ✨- Makes me want to read Dune 



~ Reading Haunted House Books for a Week 👻🏚- Gosh, I love Kayla’s videos so much! Great video idea. 

~ Reading the 10 Best Books fo the 21st Century (so far) via @nytimes- I’m always interested in looking at lists like this and seeing how much I have read off on them. 


~ this reading vlog ends when I find a 5⭐️ from 2002- Got to watch this video when it first premiered on September 8th. Great series. I also was obsessed with the Olsen twins in the early 2000s. 

~ My Fall Video & Reading Plans + TBR Jar Picks 🍂🎃- I’m glad Kayla’s going to read the Dale Mayer book because I love watching her try to figure out the mysteries with Rob. Those videos are always so funny.


2. Charlie Hopkinson

~ Qui Gon reacts to Ki Adi Mundi being a liar-.  Charlie is comedic gold!

“It’s why his head is so long, to hold all those lies.” 😂

~ Qui Gon loves the Acolyte now- Charlie is so funny. 


~ Acolyte Episode 7 confuses Qui Gon

~ Anakin reacts to Darth Plaguies the Shy- I love them trying to prove that Ki Adi Mundi is guilty. Hilarious!

“So when you put your fog lights on, you could be murdering fog people?”

“It’s a possibility, yes.” 😂


3. Daniel Greene

~ The Best Fantasy News You’ll Ever Watch!!!!- YAY, Merphy!!! I love watching Merphy’s videos and it was awesome having her do a Fantasy News episode. Can’t believe I haven’t had a Merphy video on here before. Have to change that soon. She’s great. Also, the title is very true. lol

~ Piranesi: Wet Winding Labyrinth Mystery! - This made me want to read Piranesi again. Probably will before the movie comes out. 

~ An Actually Brutal Bookshelf Roast! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

~ Sanderson Ruined My Day! 🥹 Fourth Wing Gets a Showrunner 🧪 John Scalzi Gets PAID 📚 ~FN~

~ Sanderson LIED About His RPG🎲 New DragonLance Series 🐉 Cradle TRAILER🎬- I love Daniel’s beef with Brandon Sanderson. Absolutely hilarious. 

~ NEW Gentlemen Bastards Books!📚 MASSIVE Arcane Season 2 Leak🚰 The Hugo Awards Are Back!🏆~FN~ - I love how he got Joe Abercrombie in a video. The Brandon Sanderson situation is so damn funny. 🤣 Every week it just keeps getting better. Love Tuesdays. 

~ Hugo Awards Apology🚀 Rings of Power Falling Viewership 😞 James Earl Jones Passes ~FN~ - Definitely, have to pick up Brandon Sanderson’s children’s book for my collection. Looks absolutely incredible! Those illustrations are stunning. 


Other Favorites

1. Vacation in New Jersey

    🏖 For the last three years, we have been going down to visit our family in New Jersey. We always have such a great time and this year might have been the best time yet. I love getting to spend so much time with the family. It was even better this year because my brother and his girlfriend came with us.


    🏝 Loved going to Seaside Heights, Dudley Park/Cedar Creek, Toms River, Bayville, and so many other places. I’m thankful for times like these and I cannot wait for many more to come. 

2. My favorite stories on A03

    🖋 I really want to gush so much about all of the stories on this list. There are so many that I would love to reread again and again. Damn, these writers are so great. 

~ Some Unholy Hoax by ArgylePirateWD*- I love this story so much. I don’t know if we’ll get a GO Season 3 after the stuff happening with Neil Gaiman (he’s terrible). Guess if that happens I’ll just have to accept one of these fanfictions as the ending. This is definitely a great one. It is very long (over 200,000 words) and also explicit. 

~Oh, Lord, Heal This Love by WaitingToBeBroken*- This was absolutely hilarious. Love this series of Meet Cutes so much! 

~ The Accidental Understudy by AppleSeeds*- A sweet story that I highly enjoyed. AppleSeeds stories are always wonderful. I will always love a feel good story that is supposed to just make you happy. 

~ Mr. Fell’s Heavenly Bed and Breakfast by INeedABurnerAccountOkay- Another great story. I love WriterCrowley stories. 

~ The Tadfield Holiday beerok23*- Here, I am again reading a Christmas story in the summertime. There's something about reading them that just brightens my mood. And I really needed some happiness this August. 

This story was perfect in every way and now makes me want to watch The Holiday. I don't know how I never watched it before. I loved the dynamic between Crowley and Aziraphale, especially Aziraphale's sarcastic attitude. He was so funny. Also, the references were wonderful. 

I laughed, cried, and smiled so damn much with this story. It was beautiful and everything I needed. Definitely, will be rereading this at Christmastime. 

~ I Know What He Smells Like by Sodium_Azide- Oh my goodness, this is so cute! 

“ ‘Sir, with all due respect, you’re legally blind and I have no idea how you identified him in the first place, if you did in fact just find him passed out in the hallway like you described.’

‘…I know how he smells. I know his footsteps. I know the feel of his shoulder under my hand. I know how he snuffles when he’s trying not to laugh, and how he holds his breath when he hurts at the end of a long day at work.’ ”- Damn, this is beyond adorable. I really love so many lines in this story. 

~ Passive- Aggressive Bouquets by susieboo- Absolutely, hilarious! I love Flower Language stories so much and want to someday write my own. 

~ The Rat Man by AppleSeeds- I love AppleSeeds’s stories so much. They are always so sweet and funny. 

~ AziraCrow AU- Home Is Where The Heart Is by CirusTheDivider- Such a sad story. 

~ The Ritual by AppleSeeds

No comments:

Post a Comment