Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Agatha All Along: Episodes 1-2 Spoiler Review

    My witchy loving heart is estatic to talk about how much I adored Episodes 1 and 2 from Agatha All Along. I have been looking forward to this show ever since I watched WandaVision in 2022. Agatha was an interesting part of that show and I just wanted more of her. 

    This is a spoiler-filled review of the show with all of my thoughts and opinions so far. Everything below this paragraph will spoil the show. I highly recommend watching it for WandaVision fans and fans of witchy stories. I cannot help but feel like this show was made for me. 

Crime Show/ Nicholas Scratch

    I like how we got the crime show aspects throughout the first episode. It fits very well with what was going on in Agatha’s mind because of Wanda’s spell. After her conversation with Herb, I’m wondering what other kinds of delusions she has had over the three years. Or if this has been the only one. Also, the made car scene is hilarious. 

    Also, the scene when she looks in the room and sees all of the stuff for Nicholas Scratch makes me wonder if she actually had a son. I mean this could have just been for the crime show device. There is a trope in crime shows of detectives having dead children which makes them rough around the edges. But it feels like there was so much more to the scene than her mind creating it with the spell.

    I mean look at Wanda’s hex and what she created because she wanted a happy family life with Vision. Could Agatha have created this scene because she is holding a deep secret? In some of the comics, Agatha has a son named Nicholas Scratch so is this going to be a part of the MCU? And what happened to him if she did? All questions I hope we find out by the end of the show. 

Westview Citizens

    I’m looking forward to seeing all of the Westview citizens more out of the hex that Wanda created. It was great seeing them in these episodes. I like how we get to see them in Agatha’s crime show world but then also outside of it. 

    I’m surprised how much I loved Mrs. Davis (Mrs. Hart in Wanda’s hex). We didn’t know much about her other than what we saw of her in the dinner scene in WandaVision and then the bit we saw of her after Wanda lifts the hex. I love her in this show. She was so funny. The best part of Episode 2 might have been when she was tricked into joining the coven and her confusion to what was going on. “Are we doing laundry together?” and “Am I supposed to know this song?” are some of the best lines in the show. She is bringing so much comedy to the show and I cannot wait to see what will happen next with her. 

Kathryn Hahn as Agatha

    Kathryn Hahn is brilliant as Agatha. I loved the difference between her playing Agnus in the crime show parts to her being Agatha again. There is such an obvious difference in her personality between them both. Great acting! One of my favorite scenes is when she is taking off each of the personas she had during Wanda’s spell. It was such an interesting scene and visual for the show. I just wish they didn’t have it in the trailer because it would have been cool to see it for the first time in the show. 

    I look forward to seeing her journey throughout this show. I’m hoping we learn so much more about her character. Definitely, going to have to look for the comics with Agatha in them. I want to know as much as I can about her. 

The Other Witches and References

    Love seeing how each witch is dealing with the modern day and getting to know why each wanted to travel the Witches’ Road. Hopefully, we will get to learn more about each witch by the end of the show. 

    I have a feeling that “the Teen” is not completely telling the truth of why he wanted Agatha’s help down the road. We obviously saw in the trailer how his name is being kept from Agatha by magic. I find it interesting that when Agatha asks him about his past, she doesn’t hear what he is saying too. Makes me wonder what could be going on with that.

    Also, the references have been perfect so far. There have been the obvious ones to Wanda and WandaVision and then the witchy ones. My favorites so far have been from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I’m looking forward to seeing what other references are in this show and the music. “The Ballad of the Witches’ Road” was great and I want to hear even more music from the witches. 

Answers I want by the end of this show

  1. Teen’s identity- This is what so many of us have been wondering since the first trailer came out for this show. So far, I love Teen. I love how he plays off of Agatha’s sarcasm and watching him help her get the other witches to join their coven. There’s the obvious answer to his identity and that’s Billy. But, I’m wondering if it’s going to be so simple. There is some kind of magic causing Agatha not to hear him when he reveals anything personal to her. It could be his own or maybe someone else’s magic. Maybe Wanda's.
  2. Wanda’s whereabouts- An answer I have wanted ever since watching Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. In Episode 1, we are led to believe that Wanda has died, at least in Agatha’s crime show allusion. But, we learn that this might not be real from her conversation with Herb. So, this makes me wonder why Agatha is seeing Wanda dead and how she was seeing it to begin with. Does it have something to do with what happened to Wanda in Doctor Strange? Wanda could actually still be alive and sending Agatha a message. Or does Wanda’s death cause Agatha to start seeing the crime show stuff because it messed up the spell? 
  3. Agatha and Rio’s relationship- I really want to know what happened between Agatha and Rio which made them hate each other so much. There is so much tension between them and it seems like they were in a relationship in the past. Rio is such an intriguing nemesis for Agatha and I am looking forward to seeing more of her throughout the show. I’m assuming she’s the animals Agatha was seeing all throughout episode 2. 
  4. Agatha’s backstory- I don’t want a ton of time taken up for this point but I would love to see more of Agatha over the years since her Salem days. Also, it would be great to learn even more about the other witches. This might happen for each of their challenges down the road. I’m sure they each will be given a task they have to complete during their journey. 
  5. Is Nicholas Scratch Agatha’s son?- I discussed this quite in depth above but wanted to mention it here too. We had the rabbit Senor Scratchy both in WandaVision and then here after Agatha is taken out of Wanda’s spell. I’m wondering if Agatha actually had a son Nicholas Scratch and that’s why the scene with her looking into his room played out during spell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment