Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, January 30, 2023

Reviews Week 4

 Reviews Week 4

January 23rd-29th

Book 19: The Odyssey of Star Wars: An Epic Poem

By Jack Mitchell

Read January 20th-25th

Pages Read: 224

📚📚📚📚

 I have wanted a modern day epic poem for years, especially one based on one of my favorite stories of all time. The original trilogy of Star Wars fits the format very well and has the epic qualities that make it a perfect story to tell in this way. It was a lot of fun seeing the ways that Jack told this story throughout the book.

Each of the books is set in another place throughout the story, for instance Tatooine, Dagobah, Hoth, etc. One of my favorite aspects was at the beginning of the parts for Return of the Jedi and how Luke was relaying his story to Obi-Wan. Such a fun way of having the in media res represented in this epic poem.

Another of my favorite parts of this story were the aspects that Jack took from the Prequels, Rouge One, and the Han Solo movie. I was not expecting to see any of that in this story but it was interesting how he chose to add parts of those stories throughout. For instance, when Obi-Wan is talking about Anakin fighting Count Dooku during the Clone Wars.

The Odyssey is one of my favorite stories and I have wanted an epic poem just like it or The Iliad for a very long time. I hope that Jack Mitchell will write more epic poems from other stories. 

Book 20: Only You Can Save Mankind

By Terry Pratchett

Read January 27th

Pages Read: 240

📚📚📚📚

 Another fun Terry Pratchett adventure, this time for younger readers. I enjoyed the story in this book quite a bit and having the classic Pratchett humor in a more modern setting. Terry was a fan of video games and you can tell that in this book. It was a fun story and I look forward to seeing what happens next with Johnny. 

Book 21: Shakespeare Well-Versed

By James Muirden

Read January 27th

Pages Read: 226

📚📚📚

 I enjoy the idea behind this collection of poems, especially that James wrote a poem for each of Shakespeare’s plays. Such a neat idea. Each poem tells the synopsis of his plays in many different ways. Makes me want to read some of the ones that I have never read like The Winter’s Tale.


No comments:

Post a Comment