Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, June 19, 2023

Reviews Week 24

   Reviews Week 24

June 12th-June 18th

Book 90: The Truth About Riley

By Henrietta Clarke

Read June 13th

Pages Read: 318

📚📚📚📚

I adored this book's story and had a fun time rereading it. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies You've Got Mail, with Riley and Cameron starting the friendship/relationship, not knowing each other over the phone. It also reminded me of the movie, with the fact that they often see each other in person but do not know that they are. 

The romance was so cute, and I could not get enough of reading about these two as they fell in love. I loved following Riley and Cameron, but also their friends and family. Such an adorable book that I adore with all my heart!

Book 91: Stuff I’ve Been Feeling Lately

By Alicia Cook

Read June 14th

Pages Read: 126

📚📚📚📚

I love how Alicia used music along with her poems to help convey the messages and her feelings throughout this volume. This is a beautiful collection of poetry that I fully enjoyed reading. I especially loved the Blackout poetry in the Side B section of this book. It was such an interesting idea to take her poems from Side A and use them to create a new poem through Blackout poetry. Cannot wait to pick up her other collections.

Book 92: A Warning About Swans

By R. M. Romero

Read June 

Pages Read: 384

📚📚📚📚

R. M. Romero’s writing in A Warning of Swans was magnificent. I loved following Hilde’s story as she leaves her home and sisters in the woods to live with a young baron nicknamed Richter. She believes she will be free of all confinements there, unlike in her home in the woods, but soon realizes she is more trapped with Richter. 

This excellent novel written in verse is a historical fantasy book based loosely on Swan Lake with aspects of The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. I loved the addition of King Ludwig II of Bavaria, who is famously called the Fairy tale King because of the murals that he has painted in his castle, Neuschwanstein. In this book, he hires Franz to paint these famous murals. Hilde becomes drawn to Franz over her time with them. I enjoyed both Franz’s and Ludwig’s parts in this tale. 

I highly recommend this stunning tale that feels like a fairy tale. Romero’s writing was beautiful, and I could not get enough of Hilde’s story. I will definitely be adding this novel to my collection.

*Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for my ARC of this wonderful book. All opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment