Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, June 12, 2023

Reviews Week 23

  Reviews Week 23

June 5th-June 11th

Book 84: Dearly

By Margaret Atwood 

Read June 5th

Pages Read: 124

πŸ“šπŸ“š

I did not enjoy this poetry collection the way I wanted to. There were a couple of poems that I liked quite a bit, but most of them I did not.

Book 85: Where Hope Comes From

By Nikita Gill

Read June 6th

Pages Read: 148

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

Nikita Gill’s poetic voice is one of the best that I have ever read. I adore picking up a collection of poetry and spending an hour reading through her beautiful writing style. There are a lot of feelings that I could relate to in this book and each poem hit me hard as I was reading. The feeling of hopefulness that encompasses the entire piece is something that a lot of us need. I cannot wait to pick up another of Nikita’s collections soon.

Book 86: Transformations

By Anne Sexton

Read June 7th

Pages Read: 112

πŸ“šπŸ“š

Another miss for me this month with poetry. I was looking forward to reading this collection because I love fairy tale retellings and have heard great things about Anne Sexton’s poems. The poems in this piece were not for me and I did not enjoy most of them at all. Many of these poems were uncomfortable to read, especially the Rapunzel one.

Book 87: The West Wind

By Alexandria Warwick

Read June 7th-9th

Pages Read: 626

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

I have been looking forward to reading this excellent book since I finished the first of The Four Winds books at the beginning of last year. Zephyrus, The West Wind, interested me as a character in the first book, and I wanted to see where this book took him. I'm happy to say I enjoyed this as much as the first one. The use of Greek mythology and the Scottish ballad Tam Lin were great in this book. There are mentions of The Odyssey and the myth of Hyacinth, which are part of Zephyrus's backstory. 

My favorite part of this book was learning more about Zephyrus and seeing his interactions with Brielle. Their interactions were quite funny at times, and I enjoyed watching them fall in love. Watching Brielle grow as a person was also an essential part of this book. She is a character that you cannot help but root for and hope that she will succeed. I don't read books that focus heavily on religion too often, but I found Brielle's journey an integral part of her story. 

Another aspect of this novel that stands out is learning about Zephyrus's other brother Notus. I'm hoping that we will get a book about him if Alexandria continues with this series. He is a character that I would love to learn more about. 

I highly recommend this book and know that I will add this to my collection along with the first. 

*Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for my ARC of this book. All opinions are my own.*

Book 88: Second Chance at First Love

By N. R. Walker

Read June 10th

Pages Read: 116

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

N. R. Walker’s books are always a lot of fun for me. I loved the setting of this one with the camping tour in Kakadu National Park in Australia. It made me want to go there and see those beautiful sites. Also, second chance romances are some of my favorites when they are done this well. Paul and Derek were cute together and I look forward to seeing them more throughout the rest of the series. Hopefully, they will show up at least a little bit. 

Book 89: Outrun the Rain

By N. R. Walker

Read June 11th

Pages Read: 216

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

Another great N. R. Walker romance with a cool premise. I have never read books about storm chasers, so that was really cool to read about in this one. Has the classic N. R. Walker humor that just had me laughing out loud. Tully and Jeremiah were characters that I enjoyed following, but Jeremiah did get annoy at times. Tully was so beyond sweet and I loved him so much. I look forward to seeing that happens next with these guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment