Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, May 15, 2023

Reviews Week 19

  Reviews Week 19

May 8th-14th

Book 70: The Sun and the Star

By Rick Riordan and Mark Oshiro

Read May 7th-9th

Pages Read: 480

📚📚📚📚📚

It's such a joy to be in the world of Percy Jackson again, and I'll never get enough of these characters. I remember when Rick first said he would write a book on Nico and Will, and I have been awaiting it ever since. This is the perfect story for them. Nico has been a character that I loved from his introduction in The Titan's Curse. He has grown so much ever since that book. I adore him. 

I was nervous about their journey into Tartarus, especially after Percy and Annabeth's, but I was thrilled to see Nico and Will on an adventure together. I love how this book starts in media res, with them telling stories to Gorgyra. It was great to see this continue throughout the book as Nico and Will got further along in their quest.  

The book has a lot of the humor you expect from a Rick Riordan book, but it also has hard-hitting material. Nico has been through a lot and is dealing with the grief from it all. He has emotions that he is trying to unpack, along with getting through Tartarus with himself and Will intact. It is sometimes hard to read, but it is entirely worth the journey. 

Nico deserves to have his story told in such a beautiful way. Rick and Mark did such an incredible job with Nico and Will's story.

Book 71: Hilda: The Trolberg Stories: Hilda and the Bird Parade/Hilda and the Black Hound

By Luke Pearson

Read May 10th

Pages Read: 96

📚📚📚📚📚

Loved volumes 3 and 4 from the Hilda series. These were great little adventures for Hilda in the town of Trolberg. Also, Luke’s illustration style just keeps getting better as the series goes on. I love this world and I hope that we get more of it in the future, after volumes 5 and 6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment