Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

My Favorites of Fall 2022

  🍂 My Favorites of Fall 2022 🍁 

Below, I have listed some of my favorite music, movies, movie trailers, YouTube videos, and TV that I have watched or listened to this fall. This has been a great season for some amazing entertainment.

🎞️ Movies:

1. Hocus Pocus 2 (watched September 30th)- I have been waiting for this movie for years ever since it was first announced that they were going to make a sequel to Hocus Pocus. The first movie is one of my favorite Halloween movies ever. This movie was so much fun! I loved the references to the original movie and the way that they took the story this time around. The beginning of the movie with the young versions of the witches was wonderful. Those girls did such an incredible job playing the characters, and they really felt authentic. I’d love to see a movie or show based on them as young Winifred, Mary, and Sarah. Also, the new girls that they had playing the present-day teenagers were great. Here’s hoping they do something with them in the future. This movie had me laughing so hard in parts and tearing up by the end. It was everything I wanted in a sequel to the original movie and made me incredibly happy. I will definitely be playing it on repeat, along with the first, for years to come. 

2. Sonic 2 (watched October 17th)- I watched the first Sonic movie earlier this year, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. This movie was just as great as the first. I enjoyed seeing Sonic make more friends in this one. Going into this movie and the first, I did not know much about the Sonic games at all. I have played a couple of them a bit, but not much at all. It was great seeing the new characters in this one that I know are popular Sonic characters, Tails and Knuckles. I'm interested to see where they are going to go in the next one. James Marsden and his family are great characters also, and I adored their scenes in this one. Especially at the wedding. His sister-in-law is hilarious. Jim Carrey was just as great in this movie as he was in the first, though I am upset that this is supposed to be his last movie. Here's hoping he changes his mind so he can be in the next one. 

3. Disenchanted (watched November 22nd)- Another sequel that came out this year for an old favorite of mine. I adore Enchanted with all my heart. The music is phenomenal, Amy Adams is wonderful as Giselle, and the overall story will always be a favorite of mine. Needless to say, I went into this movie highly excited, and I really enjoyed it. I like where they took the story this time around and how they played with fairy tale tropes again. That is one of my favorite aspects of the original movie, and this movie took that in an interesting way. I'm glad that they gave Idina Menzel a song this time around, also. You can't have an incredible talent like that in a movie and not give her a song. This movie was a lot of fun, and I'm glad that we finally got a sequel. It is not as good as the first for me, but I did not think that was going to happen because that movie sets a high bar. 

4. Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (Watched December 11th)This is not a movie, but I'm going to count it as one anyway. I loved this special so much and the adventure that Drax and Mantis went on to cheer up Peter at Christmas. Also, Kevin Bacon is finally in a Guardians of the Galaxy story. It was a wonderful Christmas special that I know I will watch for years to come. So much fun. 

5. Ticket to Paradise (Watched December 20th)- For my birthday every year, I always try to go to the movies so I can get my free popcorn in December. I saw that our movie theater was still playing Ticket to Paradise with Julia Roberts and George Clooney, and I knew we had to go see it. My mother and I had such a great time watching this gem. I have loved Julia Roberts' movies all my life, and this is another really fun one from her. She and George Clooney have such great chemistry in this movie, and they play off of each other well. Kaitlyn Dever did a great job as their daughter, and Billie Lourd was great as usual. It is everything you would expect from a movie like this, and I was glad about that. Such a funny movie.

🎵 Music:

This season has been so great for music. I spent a lot of time listening to all of these songs and albums over and over again. 

1. Taylor Swift's Midnights album- I cannot believe that this is Taylor's tenth studio album. She has been one of my favorite singers ever since the first one. I love how poetic Taylor's songs have become over the years. She's always had a poetic side, but it's so much more now. My favorites from the album are "Maroon," "Anti-Hero," "Bejeweled," "Paris," “Mastermind,” "Hits Different," and "Dear Reader." The 3 AM edition songs are great and also "Hits Different" from the Target version of the album. I adore this album so much. 

2. "Where We Started" by Thomas Rhett and Katy Perry- This song is absolutely beautiful. Wow! Thomas and Katy's voices sound so wonderful together. I have always loved Thomas Rhett, and Katy's voice fits country so well. I hope she does some more. 

3. "Come What May" cover by Luke Evans and Charlotte Church-The original version of "Come What May" by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman is one of my absolute favorite songs of all time. I cannot help but tear up whenever I hear it. This version is a new favorite for me. Luke Evans is a fantastic singer, and Charlotte sounds so beautiful along with him. 

4. "Circles" and "Pumped Up Kicks" cover by Niall Horan (From the Live Lounge)- Great mashup cover of two songs that I love. Niall melds these songs together in such a neat way. Loved it. 

5. "Out of My System" by Louis Tomlinson- Gotta say I'm so excited to have more Louis Tomlinson music. The new album comes out on November 11th, so not too long now!! I'll always love Louis's voice. 

6. "Bigger Than Me" by Louis Tomlinson- This song hit me hard when I first heard it. I love the message behind it, and I cannot wait to hear the rest of the songs on the album. Louis's voice is beautiful. 

7. "Love You Like the Movies" by Anthem Lights- I cannot say how many times I have listened to this song this season, but it has been a lot. It is one of my favorites. 

8. "Drive" by Ben Rector- Ben Rector's songs will always be favorites for me. 

9. "Coming Home" by Sheppard- I love singing along with this song. 

10. "Skeletons" by Brothers Osborne- I have come to think of this song as The Sandman show theme song. I love how well it fits and the episodes that it is in. 

11. "Levitating" by Dua Lipa- Love this song

12. "Dance- Acoustic" by Tim Halperin- Great song.

13. "Smoky Mountain Rain" by Ronnie Milsap- Beautiful oldie that had to make this list. I heard it for the first time this season and fell in love with it. 

14. "Devils in the Canyon" by The Strike- I love the songs that Spotify recommends to me. This was one of those gems and it is wonderful. Can't help but sing and dance along every time it plays. 

15. "Celestial" by Ed Sheeran- Love Ed's new song.

16. "Wink" by Neal McCoy- An old favorite that I have been listening to a lot lately. 

17. "Taylor Swift" by Matt Cooper- I love how Matt used Taylor Swift's songs and lyrics in this song. Beautiful. 

18. "That's My Job" by Conway Twitty- Another oldie that I heard for the first time this season. A great sad song with a wonderful message. I love the country songs that tell stories. 

19. "Falling for a Stranger" by Scotty McCreery- One of my favorite songs from him in a while. 

20. "So Close" (from Enchanted) by Jon McLaughlin- Beautiful!

📺 TV Shows:

1. WandaVision (Watched on October 7th)- Wanda is my favorite Marvel character besides Loki and Wong. I have been really looking forward to watching this series ever since I finished Endgame. It was everything I wanted it to be and so much more. The interconnectedness of the show was incredible, especially with the whole mystery of what is going on in Westview. There were so many beautiful lines during this show, especially in the ninth episode. 

2. Mandalorian (Watched November 28th -December 15th)- I'm very late
getting into this show, but damn is it good. I adore the relationship between Mando and Grogu so much. It would be great to just keep getting more and more adventures with them in the Star Wars Universe. Also, I really enjoyed the other characters in the show and seeing other parts of the Star Wars Galaxy, not just the same planets again and again. I had such an incredible time watching the two seasons and cannot wait to get the third next year. Grogu is one of my top favorite Star Wars characters. Lol

🖥️ YouTube:

1. Books and Lala

first sentence challenge + scavenger hunt w/ ROB- I'll always love Kayla's videos with Rob. 

Reading More Fun Mystery Novels 🔎- Cozy mysteries are my favorite types of mystery stories. I really want to read some of these that Kayla read in this video. Love her vlogs!

Autumnal Book Haul 🍂🐝

Reading Sci-Fi & Fantasy Authors I've Hated & Loved Before | 3RD TIME'S THE CHARM VLOG

Reading from 5⭐ Authors

reading like I'm 16 again | Re-Reading Favourite Books from 11th Grade- I love her reread series.

~reading for the thrills & chills 🎃🔪 weekendween vlog

~Instagram Controls my Weekend | Reading Vlog

~Reading Challenge Announcement | 2023 Buzzwordathon

2. SuperCarlin Brothers

~ J vs Ben: ULTIMATE Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter TRIVIA Quiz- I love the quizzes that they do, especially the Harry Potter ones. 

What If Mirabel Never Hugged Isabela? | Encanto Film Theory- Their theory videos are some of my favorites 

~ Elsa VS Pepa- Who is More POWERFUL? | Disney Film Theory- Loved their song cover. Lol 😂 





~J vs Ben: ULTIMATE Disney Villain Trivia Quiz | BEAN BOOZLED PUNISHMENT- Almost got them all right. The falling one was definitely tricky. 

~PROOF That Severus Snape Is A Vampire | Harry Potter Film Theory- All I have to say is that I believe it. Lol 😂 

~Will Hogwarts Legacy Be Canon? | Harry Potter Game Theory- I cannot wait for this game. I like hearing their thoughts on it in this video. 



~J vs Ben: HARDEST Frozen Triva Quiz| POLAR PLUNGE PUNISHMENT- I love that they are adding punishments to their quizzes. I love the Harry Potter quizzes but it’s always fun when they do Disney ones. 

~What If Dumbledore Never Put On The Ring? | Harry Potter Film Theory- I love the What If videos that they create. 

3. The Library of Allenxandria

Book Jeopardy Season 2 Episode 2 | Philip v Ben v Kyle- I love Book Jeopardy so much! Great questions this time around. Loved the One Star Classics category. Hope he does more of those soon.

~ Ancient Greece 1. 2 | The Iliad and Greek Identity- Allen’s history series, along with the Book Jeopardy videos, are some of my favorite content on YouTube. I love the way he is doing these videos. They make me think of my History teacher from High School, and that makes me so happy. I look forward to seeing more of these videos. 

~ Reread, Rewrite, Burn! | Ft. The Lovely Christina!- Great challenge video with Christina! These are always a lot of fun. 

~ Ancient Greece 1.3 | Theseus Part 1 - Journey to Athens- Allen's descriptions of the labors of Theseus are amazing. So damn great. This journey throughout Greece is so much fun. I didn't even know anything about Theseus's labors, so this was so cool. 

~ Unpopular Opinions 2.0- I love unpopular opinion tags. I might have to do this one, sometime soon. 

~Ancient Greece 1.4 | Theseus Part 2 - Mazes, Maidens,and Minotaurs!- These videos are incredible. My favorite series on Booktube right now! His depiction of Hades is perfect. 

4. "Celestial" - Ed Sheeran Live on The Late Show- I adore this song so much and this live performance was beautiful. 

5. John Campea

Sandman Gets Renewed For Season 2 At Netflix- All I have to say is that the news of Sandman being renewed is the best news that I have heard all year!!

~ Super Mario Preview At The Game Awards Looks Irresistible




6. Reba McEntire - I Needed Christmas (2022 Version)- Beautiful song and great video. I want to see this movie. 

7. Niall Horan, Lewis Capaldi - I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (from Guinness Homecoming)- This is incredible! Their voices go so well together. 

8. Commercials H20 - Nostalgia Critic- I watch Nostalgia Critic's Commercial video every year, and this was another great one. They are always so funny!

9. James Marsden Begged Idina Menzel to Sing With Him on Set- James Marsden and Idina Menzel are great together. I loved seeing them again in Disenchanted, and I know that this will probably never happen, but I would love it if they got a tv series set in Andalasia. This video is so much fun, and I adore it. Also, their other videos together on James Corden's show were great.

🖥️ Trailers

1. The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Official Teaser Trailer (watched on October 6th)- This teaser trailer was so much fun. I've watched it a bunch of times since it has come out. The Bowser stuff in the trailer was great, and Jack Black was the perfect choice for his voice. The Mushroom Kingdom looked stunning, along with the animation. Illumination always makes good-looking movies. 

2. Spirited — Official Teaser | Apple TV+- This movie looks like it is going to be a lot of fun. I will always love Will Ferrel and Ryan Renyolds. 

Shows

1. A Christmas Carol play at the BTE in Bloomsburg, Pa (December 1st)- My family and friends love seeing the play performances at the BTE every year. I was so happy to find out that they were doing A Christmas Carol again because it is my favorite play and the BTE does such a great job. This year, I loved their interpretation of the play



2. Philadelphia Freedom: A Tribute to Elton John in Haas at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (December 3rd)- I had a lot of fun at this show. Philadelphia Freedom is a Tribute to Elton John that was absolutely wonderful. Doug Delescavage did an incredible job embodying Elton and sings beautifully. My mother and I had an amazing time watching the show and I would love to go see him again in concert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment