Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Reviews Week 24

Reviews Week 24

June 13th- 19th

Book 67: The High King

by Lloyd Alexander

Read June 13th-14th

📚📚📚📚📚


I have really enjoyed my time in the world of Prydain. This series has become one of my favorite series that I have ever read in my life and I'm so glad that I decided to finish it this year. 

In this final book, we get an ending that felt like the ending of The Lord of the Rings series. But this was not in a way that felt like the first book did. It felt much more like a homage, and I enjoy the ways that it differs more than anything.  I won't spoil what happened, but I love where Taran's story goes in this book, especially at the very end of the book.

 Taran has come so far in his story from The Book of Three until this book. I know that I could not stand him at all in that book and now he is a favorite character in this series for me. This was a great coming-of-age story and Taran's growth as a character was one of the best aspects of the entire series.

Book 68: A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

by George R.R. Martin

Read June 17th-18th

📚📚📚📚

One of my favorite things about this book is George's writing style. George has a way of writing that makes you feel like you are a part of the world that he is creating. It is so enjoyable getting back into it every single time. 

This time around we are following characters almost 100 years before the events of The Song of Ice and Fire. I really liked reading about Duncan and Egg's tales and adventures throughout Westeros. Would love to have more of them eventually, though I would like to have an ending to The Song of Ice and Fire series first if I'm going, to be honest.  

It was a lot of fun reading these tales from George and I cannot wait to pick up A Dance of Dragons sometime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment