Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, June 13, 2022

Reviews Week 23

 Reviews Week 23

June 6th- 12th

Book 65: Under the Whispering Door

by TJ Klune

Read June 6th-11th

📚📚📚📚📚

This was one of the most beautiful books that I have ever read, and I adored every little bit of it. I originally planned on reading it last year right when it came out but never felt like it was the right moment to pick it up. Knew that this would be a heavy-hitting book and man, was I right about that. 

“It’s never enough, is it? Time. We always think we have so much of it, but when it really counts, we don’t have enough at all.”

 TJ Klune has such a great writing style that stands out so much throughout this book. This is my first of his books, but I will be rectifying that very soon with The House in the Cerulean Sea. This had such a quirky style that I have heard he is quite famous for. I look forward to seeing if that is true.

I adored the romance in this story so much. Wallace and Hugo were so cute together and I didn't want it to end. Loved the found family aspects throughout the entire book with them, Nelson, Mei, and Apollo. Also, the humor was another part that really stood out. I love when Nelson teaches Wallace how to be dead throughout the book. Their whole dynamic was so funny. 

Under the Whispering Door had me laughing and crying so hard throughout. There are a lot of heavy scenes. I believe that this book will hit people differently based on their experiences. There are a lot of discussions throughout about life, love, death, and what comes after. It just really makes you think about life in general. 

 I highly recommend this gem of a book. It is one of the best that I have ever read.

“The first time you share tea, you are a stranger. The second time you share tea, you are an honored guest. The third time you share tea, you become family.”

Book 66: Best Wishes, Warmest Regards: The Story of Schitt's Creek

by Daniel Levy and Eugene Levy

Read June 11th-12th

📚📚📚📚📚

I started watching Schitt's Creek on May 10th and finished it on June 10th. Over the course of that month, this became one of my top favorite shows of all time. I adored the humor so much. It was the most I have laughed in such a long time. It was just comedy gold. But I believe the best part of this show was its wonderful character work. They work so well off of each other and their dynamic was everything. I know that I will be watching this show over and over again. Especially, certain scenes. Dan and Eugene Levi made such an incredible show, with a great cast. 

This book was a great addition to the show that I'm so glad that they made. It holds so many behind-the-scenes features, that I really enjoyed reading about. I love that they had the whole cast contribute to this book. Also, seeing how much they all loved being in the show. We got so much information on each of the episodes, characters, the clothes, Moria's wigs (lol), David's sweaters, and so much more. It was just a lot of fun to read, and I know I will come back to it over and over again just like the show. Perfect for any Schitt's Creek fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment