Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Reviews Week 9

Reviews Week  9

February 28th- March 6th

Book 25: Little Women

By Louisa May Alcott

Read March 3rd-6th

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

Absolutely beautiful in every way. 

I have been wanting to read Little Women for years and I finally did this past week. It was absolutely incredible like I have heard so often about it. I love how attached I got to each of the characters in the novel, especially the girls. My favorite was Beth but I loved the others just as much. She just stood out so much throughout the novel.

“There are many Beths in the world, shy and quiet, sitting in corners till needed, and living for others so cheerfully that no one sees the sacrifices till the little cricket on the hearth stops chirping, and the sweet, sunshiny presence vanishes, leaving silence and shadow behind.”- Definitely, my favorite quote in the book. 

One of the best parts of this book is that we follow the girls through a good portion of their lives. We see each of them grow into young women. It was beautiful and I loved how much detail went into the overall story. Alcott spent a great amount of time on each of the girls and it felt like we really got to know each of them over the course of the novel. This helped me connect with each of the girls in each part of their life that we see in the novel. 

Another part that I really loved was the parts of the book that dealt with their plays, letters, or their various other writings. It was great to get into the head of these characters through their letters. I loved reading the plays that Jo created for them to act out. Also, I really loved the newspaper that they worked on together.

The sisterly bond throughout the entire novel was just beautiful and touching. They all love each other so much but I also really like the different duos that we saw in their story. Jo and Beth, Meg and Jo, Amy and Meg, and so on. I just really love how much they felt like real sisters, which makes complete sense since Alcott wrote this book based on her and her sisters. 

“I've got the key to my castle in the air, but whether I can unlock the door remains to be seen.”

This novel made me laugh, cry, and just completely and utterly happy. It was one of the best books that I have ever read in my life and I cannot wait to read it again. I don't think that I need to recommend this book to anyone at all because it is so well known. But I will anyway. It is definitely worth the read and I cannot recommend it enough. I only wish that I would have read it before now. I plan on watching the 2019 film version pretty soon and I might do an adaptation review on it for this blog. I'd love to get back into those again. This would be the perfect way to start them on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment