Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, February 21, 2022

Reviews Week 7

  Reviews Week 7

February 14th- 20th

Book 21: Real Hero Shit 

by Kendra Wells

Read February 18th 

πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š

A beautifully illustrated graphic novel with a pretty good story that I wanted more of. 

A good story with great illustrations to go along with it. I really liked the adventure that our crew went on in this but it was just too short. Also, I could not stop myself from comparing this to The Adventure Zone series, especially since they have similar character archetypes. Which I know is because they are both based on the RPG genre/D&D. I've got to admit that I enjoyed the books in that series quite a bit more, especially the characters. They seemed to be a bit more fleshed out and the story just pulled me a bit more than this one did. 

I wish that there was more to the backgrounds of each of the characters and that we got to know them. Truthfully, I wish there was just more to the story as a whole. They were such likable characters, especially Hocus. I just really to know more about each of them. 

Love the diversity in the story and also how the group joins together at the beginning. It was quite entertaining. Also, their dynamic was great and so funny. I just wanted so much more. I would definitely pick up another graphic novel from this author and also if there were more graphic novels after this one. Overall, I enjoyed reading this graphic novel, especially the beautiful and vibrant illustrations. 

This does have some adult content if there is anyone younger wanting to read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment