Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Reviews Week 4

 Reviews Week 4

January 24th- 30th 

Book 12: Punderworld 

by Linda Šejić

Read January 23rd-25th

📚📚📚📚📚


Now, this is the Hades and Persphone retelling that I wanted. 

This was a great retelling of Hades and Persephone with beautiful artwork. I really enjoyed the characterization of Hades in this one and of Persephone and am very interested to see where it goes from here. Also, I enjoyed seeing a little bit of Demeter's perspective than what is usual with these stories. I'd like to see even more of the characters get time. Charon's little part was a good addition to the story too. 

Book 13: Rocket Raccoon & Groot: Tall Tails

by Skottie Young, Nick Kocher, Filipe Andrade, 
Michael Walsh, Aaron Conley, Jay Fosgitt, Brett Bean 

Read January 25th-26th 

📚📚📚


Loved Skottie Young's art style but Rocket and Groot are better with the other Guardians.

This was a pretty good set of comics focusing on Rocket and Groot. I definitely like the characters better when they are working off of the other Guardians of the Galaxy but this had some gems in it. I really like Skottie's style having read his I Hate Fairyland series years ago so it was fun to see it again with characters that I really enjoy.

Book 14: All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: 
Communication Breakdown

by: Gerry Duggan, Aaron Kuder 

Read January 26th 

📚📚📚


An interesting new adventure for the Guardians

Over the past month or so, I have gotten into Marvel movies for the first time. I decided that I also wanted to get into the comics. And I figured that the Guardians would be a good spot because I have enjoyed watching the two movies. This was a good story and I am interested to see where it will go from here. I enjoyed being with these characters again and want to know what is going to happen with them in the next volume.

Book 15: All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2: 
Riders in the Sky

by: Gerry Duggan, Aaron Kuder 

Read January 26th 

📚📚📚📚


The second volume to the Guardians' new adventure

Now, this was a great addition to the story. I really enjoyed this one quite a bit. I am interested in seeing where this story arc goes in the next volume. I will be picking up more of the Marvel comics throughout the year. Especially, Doctor Strange. He's my favorite main MCU character so far. Won's my actual favorite of all of the MCU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment