Wednesday, October 7, 2026

The Moonlit Spiral ARC ReviewπŸŒ•

The Moonlit Spiral

 by Mike Maihack

My Star Rating: 4 Stars 

Page Count: 304 pages

Genre: Middle Grade Fantasy Graphic Novel

Date Read: October 5th-6th

Publication Date: October 6th

Publisher: Candlewick Press

Review: 

Such a wonderful graphic novel with stunning illustrations. I have loved Mike Maihack's artstyle for years and this shows it off beautifully. It reminded me of The Lightfall series by Tim Probert. The story was adventurous, had great world-building, and characters that readers will connect with. I enjoyed the questing aspects of this world and hope we will get more adventures from it.

There was a variety of interesting creatures that were wonderful additions to the plot. My favorite character was Quill. She was such a fun character and I loved the sections from her journaling over their adventure.

I highly recommend this to younger readers. They will have such a great time in this world and I also believe older readers can get a lot out of it too.

*Thank you to Candlewick Press, Mike Maihack, and NetGalley for my ARC of this book. All opinions are my own.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment