Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Taylor Swift songs

 In honor of The Tortured Poet’s Department coming out tomorrow, I decided to make my post today about some of my favorite songs of Taylor’s. There are going to be multiple lists here because I could not possibly pick just 10 songs for my favorite artist. 

The first list is my favorite songs from her first 10 albums. There will be a song from each album (not including her vault songs). They are in order by album. My second list is my favorite of her vault songs. 

I cannot wait to see what songs I love from The Tortured Poet’s Department

Favorite songs from each album

1. “I’m Only Me When I’m With You” from Taylor Swift- This was a very hard choice for me because so many of these songs hold many memories. I first heard Taylor on the radio in art class when I was 13 years old. It was playing “Our Song” and I became obsessed. For Christmas that year (2007), I received the Deluxe version of her debut album and I could not stop listening to it. This was the start of my need to hear all of her music as it came out and I got each album ever since on the release day. 

So, needless to say a lot of these songs became special to me. The song that always stands out from the album for me is “I’m Only Me When I’m With You” which is just a beautiful song. I cannot wait for her Taylor’s version of this album. It’s the one I have been looking forward to the most since she started this re-recording project. 

2. “Fearless” from Fearless- I love many of the songs on Fearless but the title track is definitely the top for me. I vividly remember when the album came out and dancing around in my room to it at almost 15. Probably drove my family crazy with how much I would sing along to her songs and how loud I was. I mean you can’t listen to “That Way I Loved You” with out singing it as loud as you can. “Fearless” was my song though and to this day it still is one of my all-time favorites. It gives me chills when I hear the guitar start playing at the beginning and brings tears to my eyes when I hear her sing it now. Thank goodness, she made it part of the tour. 


3. “Enchanted” from Speak Now- One of the easiest choices on this list. I adore “Enchanted” with my entire heart. It makes me think of a fairytale every single time I hear it, which have always been some of my favorite stories. I cannot get enough of listening to her sing about this innocent interaction. Makes me smile every time I hear it. 



4. “Holy Ground” from Red- My favorite of Taylor’s songs is definitely “Holy Ground.” My favorite songs by Taylor are almost always the upbeat ones. I adore her songs that make me want to dance along with her. “Spinning like a girl in a brand new dress.” I could listen to this beauty a million times and never get sick of it. It’s perfect. 



5. “This Love” from 1989- It’s funny because this was not a favorite of mine until Taylor’s version came out a couple of years ago. My other favorite song from the album is definitely “Blank Space” but this one beats it out now for me. 



6. “Getaway Car” from Reputation- I have adored this song from the first time I listened to it back in 2017. To this day, I still vividly remember listening to the album and enjoying most of the songs. “Getaway Car” stood out to me quite a lot at that time. It is still one of my most played songs of Taylor’s.




7. “Cruel Summer” from Lover- My favorite song from Lover was a hard choice because I love “Cornelia Street” basically as much as “Cruel Summer.” Talk about two great songs. But I decided on “Cruel Summer” because it is the one I enjoy listening to the most. 



8. “August” from folklore- One part of the trilogy of songs. I love the stories Taylor created on this album and also the ones in evermore. Such a creative idea that stood out greatly from her other albums. “August” is beautiful and I love how she sings it so much. Just a stunning piece, I could listen to over and over again. 



9. “Right Where You Left Me” from evermore- Damn, this song is so beautiful. I cannot fathom how it was a bonus track. It should definitely have been one of the original tracks. I love the story she tells here.



10. “Hits Different” from Midnights- Another song I adore that is a bonus track. This time it is a Target bonus track. I love Taylor’s upbeat songs that have sad messages. Cannot help but sing every lyric every time this gem comes on. 





Vault Songs

These songs will be in order by how much I love them. 

1. “Suburban Legends” from 1989 Taylor’s Version- I cannot tell you how many times I have listened to this song since October but I adore it so damn much. It became my favorite of the Vault songs almost instantly and has been ever since. 

“When you hold me, it holds me together
And you kiss me in a way that’s gonna screw me up forever…”

“Tick-tick on the clock
I pace down your block
I broke my own heart ‘cause you were too polite to do it” 

These are just some of the lyrics that I love in the song, though I could honestly put the entire song down here. 

2. “Mr. Perfectly Fine” from Fearless Taylor’s Version- This would have been my favorite Vault song if “Suburban Legends” did not exist. I love that we are getting so many new songs for these albums but I wish some of these had made it on the original albums. Truthfully, I think this might be my favorite song from Taylor’s Fearless era. That’s saying something because “Fearless” is one of my all-time favorite songs. 

Fearless will forever be a special album for me because it is the first of Taylor’s I got to experience when it was first released. So, it was an amazing experience hearing these songs again with her more mature voice. I cannot wait until her version of her debut album comes out. It will have me in tears. I know that much. Fearless definitely did. 

3. “All Too Well” (10 Minute Version) from Red Taylor’s Version- I remember when Taylor was doing interviews when Red first released back in 2012. In one of the interviews, she mentioned a ten minute version of “All Too Well” and we all wanted to hear her full version of the song. Thankfully, she decided to release it on her Taylor’s Version of the album and it was phenomenal. Along with the short film for it. 


4. “That’s When” from Fearless Taylor’s Version- I think Fearless is one of the best of the Taylor’s versions that Taylor has done so far. The songs feel so much like they did originally and I love hearing her sing them now. Also, the Vault songs are great and fit so well with the album as a whole. Taylor and Keith Urban’s voices fit so well for this song and I love it. 




5. “Message In A Bottle” from Red Taylor’s Version- I had to put on this great upbeat song that always makes me want to dance every time I hear it. Love it! 

6. “Electric Touch” from Speak Now Taylor’s Version- When I heard that Taylor was going to have a song on the album where she sung with Fall Out Boy, I was beyond excited. Fall Out Boy has been one of my favorite bands since college. I love this song so darn much. 




7. “Is It Over Now” from 1989 Taylor’s Version- This has become one of the most popular of the Vault songs for good reasons. The lyrics stand out so much from many of her other ones and it also gives more details to a relationship we have known about for years. At least, who we are pretty sure it is about. “Let’s fast forward to three hundred takeout coffees later” is such a great line along with so many other great ones throughout. I love how she can take a line like that and how much it says. 

8. “Don’t You” from Fearless Taylor’s Version- I love how Taylor plays with the lyrics throughout this song and the way she uses don’t you changing as the song continues. It is a song that feels so much like this time period of her music and makes me nostalgic, even though it is a song I didn’t hear until 2021. This fits so well with the other Fearless songs that have been around for over 15 years. 

9. “The Very First Night” from Red Taylor’s Version- I have adored this song ever since I first listened through Red Taylor’s Version. It’s just a fun upbeat song that makes me happy. I cannot help but smile when I’m listening to it. 




10. “Foolish One” from Speak Now Taylor’s Version- This is such a Speak Now song and I kind of wish it would have been on the original album. I have to say, younger Carrie would have related really hard to this song when I was around 17. Like a lot. It is one of Taylor’s songs I connect to so much because I was that hopeless romantic, especially in high school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment