Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Favorites of Winter 2023-2024

❄️  My Favorites of Winter 2023-2024 ☃️

Below, I have listed some of my favorite music, movies, YouTube videos, and TV that I have watched or listened to this winter. This has been a great season for some amazing entertainment. I also wanted to share the stories I loved on A03 from this season. 

🎞️ Movies/Specials:

1. Guiding Emily

~ I highly enjoyed watching this movie with my mother in early March. She’s a big fan of the Hallmark movies, so I have seen a lot of them over the years and this is one of the best of the group. I love stories with unconventional narrators and I really enjoyed the little bits of narration from Garth (the dog). This was a heartfelt movie that I would definitely watch again. 


🎵 Music:

This year has been absolutely amazing for new music. Here are some of the best that I loved in Winter 2023-2024. My absolute favorites have an asterisk  (*) by them. 

1. “It Must Be Love” by Ty Herndon

2. “Secret Love Song, Pt. II” by Little Mix

3. “Some Guys Have All the Luck” by Rod Stewart

4. “Every Day (When Will You Be Mine)” by Hilary McRae

5. “Cars Not Leaving” by Gabriel Bruce*- My favorite song from last year and still cannot get enough of it. 

6. “Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes) by Edison Lighthouse

7. “…Baby One More Time (from Kung Fu Panda 4)” by Tenacious D- I will forever love Tenacious D and this is great!!

8. “It’s a Great Day to be Alive (Live from The Roman)” by Ben Rector- Love this cover of Travis Tritt’s song


📺 TV Shows:

1. Name That Tune

~ I love watching this show so much and playing along with the celebrities. Definitely my favorite of this type of show. 







2. Judge Steve Harvey 

~ This show is absolutely ridiculous and always has me laughing out loud. Steve Harvey is a hilarious man. 


🖥️ YouTube:

1. DanandPhilGames



~ Dan and Phil React to Every Phil is not on fire! #1- Memories! I can’t believe how long ago these videos are. Oh my goodness. 


~ Do NOT read these cards out loud- Dan and Phil play Incohearant- Laughed way too hard at this one. So inappropriate 

~ Dan vs. Phil- FALL GUYS!- looks like a fun game

~ This game ended our friendship- Bread and Fred- Dan yelling at Phil for the whole video. 😂 


~ Dan and Phil play Poppy Playtime Chapter 2- Goodness, this is creepy. 

~ Dan and Phil React to Every Phil is not on fire! #2 - These two will always make me laugh


~ Phil Pushes Dan’s Button for 18 Minutes

~ Dan and Phil play Poppy Playtime Chapter 3- Good lord, this just keeps getting scarier by the chapter. I love this series so much. 

2. BooksandLala

~ Year in Review | 270 Book Reading Stats - Love Kayla’s stat videos. Man, it’s been a long time since I’ve watched one of her videos. I have to catch on the ones I’ve missed. 

Reading 2023's Best Books 🏆 Goodreads Choice Awards Reading Vlog

Spotify Wrapped Controls My TBR 🎵 Reading Vlog

1985 Magazines Control My TBR 📼🛼- Such a neat idea

~🎄 How to Build the Perfect Advent Calendar for Book Lovers🎁- Great video 

~ trying clay sculpting & listening to audiobooks | art vlog ep. 3- Love this series. She has so many neat ideas. As a crafty person, I absolutely adore watching these videos.  

- My hobbies that I enjoy doing while listening to audiobooks are adult coloring books, video games (that don’t require too much attention), advanced paint by numbers, and diamond paintings. Below, I have attached one of my most recent paint by numbers. I made it for my dad for Christmas 2023. 


~ Reading Until I Get a 5 ⭐️ || 1990 Books Vlog- I love her idea here. Made me want to see if I have read a book for every year I have been alive and if I have a five star read for each one. 


~ Reading Booktuber Favorite 2023 Books- My goodness, Kayla’s ideas always draw me in.








3. Charlie Hopkinson

Qui Gon learns he messed up bad-  It’s been too long since I have watched these. 







4. The Library of Allenxandria

~Book Jeopardy, Season 2 Episode 5! | Mindolin v Tori v Anitha- YAY!! Book Jeopardy is back






Other Favorites

1. Video Games

~ Hogwarts Legacy
~ One of my Christmas gifts for 2023 was Hogwarts Legacy for Switch and I absolutely love it so far. 

~ I started playing the game right after Christmas, creating the character Tabitha Philsbury. In the pictures to the left, you can see my character and some of the other pictures I took throughout the castle and so far in the game. I have plenty of others on my Switch. 

~ I have wanted a Hogwarts game in this style for years and this did not disappoint in the slightest. Also, I enjoyed the story so far and will be getting back into it again very soon. 




2. My favorite stories on A03

~ Among the Stacks by MeinirRhos*

~ Love Thy Neighbor by snae_b

~ Sound Investments by Caedmon

~ Liquid Gold by fashioncriminal, smolalienbee, Sodium_Azide, and Tarik_giverofcookies

~ Imperfect by Nature by summerofspock

~ Reactivity by accidentaldemon 

~ It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine by Dervila and elf_on_the_shelf*

~ The Invisible Gorilla by AppleSeeds

~ Legacies by AppleSeeds*

~ Your Virtual Companion by AppleSeeds* 

~ Naughty and Nice by ddagent*

~ The Anon Before Christmas by foolislovers*

~ Till I Saw You series by curiouswriterkr*

~ The Invisible Touch by AppleSeeds

~ Everything Flows, Here Comes Another New Day by Shadow0kana

~ Cobra by angelsnuffbox and AppleSeeds*

~ Taking the Cake by Caedmon* 

~ Beyond the Barricade by CemeteryAngel725- This made my musical loving heart so happy. *

~ Across the Line by festiveeggplant, hope_in_the_dark, and mehrto* 

~ Life-Changing Phone Call by Yellowvelvetcake*

3. Puzzles
One of the activities I enjoy doing while listening to audiobooks is creating puzzles. Here are some of the puzzles I have made this winter. 

~ This Alice in Wonderland puzzle is one of the best I have ever seen. It is made to look like a stained glass window and if you hold it up to the light, it shines through the pieces. One of the most beautiful puzzles. 
~ Bits and Pieces is one of the puzzle companies my mother loves getting her puzzles from (she is a puzzle lover). They started making a series called Cloud Nine, which has pieces that are tessellations. I love this design so much and the cat puns are just great. If you are a puzzle fan, I highly recommend checking out these puzzles. It wasn’t that hard but it is definitely different than a regular jigsaw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment