Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, July 3, 2023

Reviews Week 26

     Reviews Week 26

June 26th-July 2nd

Book 98: Paradise Lodge

By Riina Y. T. 

Read June 26th

Pages Read: 112

📚📚📚

I enjoy forced proximity stories a lot and Paradise Lodge was a good example of one, though I will say that this book was just too quick for my liking.

Book 99: Replica

By Lauren Oliver

Read June 22nd-29th

Pages Read: 570

📚📚📚📚

Lauren Oliver has always had books that sound so interesting. I had bought this book when it first came out and just never picked it up, but I’m glad that I finally have now. It took me quite a while to get into this story. The concept was pretty interesting with the three different ways of reading it. I decided to listen to the audiobook, which starts with Lyra’s perspective and then goes into Gemma’s. 

The whole idea of the replicas had me wanting to know what would happen next and I was surprised by many of the plot points throughout. I liked how we got pieces of Gemma’s tale from Lyra’s but never fully knew what was going on until we read Gemma’s. At least in the way that I read it. I will definitely be picking up the sequel sometime soon. I have to know what is going to happen next with Gemma and Lyra.

Book 100: The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern’s Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure

By William Goldman

Read June 30th

Pages Read: 392

📚📚📚📚📚

I have adored The Princess Bride movie ever since I was a child and have been meaning to read this book for years. William Goldman has such a unique way of writing that stands out throughout this novel. The fake abridgment aspects of the plot were so clever, especially when he used them when he was telling the story. I love when he breaks out of the story for a bit to say something that he said to his father when he was reading it to him as a child. It was just a fun way of telling the story that I have never seen done before. The story is what I thought it would be and so much more. It was a wonderful book that I’m glad to be able to say that I have finally read.

Book 101: Moving Maverick

By Lucy Lennox

Read July 1st 

Pages Read: 288

📚📚📚📚

A sweet story that I had such a great time reading last night. I loved following Mav and Beau as they navigated their feelings for each other, along with the hardships that life was giving them. It made me want to read more of the Made Marian books and I definitely want to pick up the Dante book that is supposed to follow this one.

Book 102: The Wishing Spell: 
The Land of Spells Book 1

By Chris Colfer

Read July 2nd

Pages Read: 438

📚📚📚📚📚 

Every time I reread this book it’s as if I’m going back home again. It’s a wonderful experience returning to a book that you adore with all your heart and visiting characters that feel like old friends because of how many times you have read their adventures. This is my most read book by far and I cannot recommend it enough. I love how Chris has continued on with many of the classic tales in Alex and Connor’s first adventure into the Land of Stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment