Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Monday, April 3, 2023

Reviews Week 13

Reviews Week 13

March 27th- April 2nd

Book 58: In the Lives of Puppets

By TJ Klune

Read March 26th-30th

Pages Read:432

📚📚📚📚📚
 TJ Klune has a style unlike most other books I have read, at least in the two books I have read of his. I enjoyed how he took the parts of Pinocchio and created his own story with them. He breathed new life into a story I have known since childhood and had me enjoying it so much more than ever before.

Each character felt alive in ways many authors cannot even do. Nurse Ratched and Rambo were hilarious. Nurse Ratched is a sadistic nurse machine who enjoys saying how much she wants to hurt others. Rambo is a Roomba who enjoys friendship, love, and keeping everything as clean as possible. I love the found family aspects in the book, and the group worked so well off of each other. It was especially interesting to see where the story went with Victor, Gio, and Hap as the story continued. The love that Victor, Gio, Nurse Ratched, Rambo, and Hap had for each other was beautiful. They had my heart the entire time.

Most of this book is filled with androids and robots, but one of the significant messages is: What it means to be human. TJ surprised me with how much heart and humanity he gave to each of his characters. We learn so much about these characters as the story continues and get connected to each of them. You want them to succeed in their mission and just to be able to live happily together.

This book perfectly combines heart, love, humanity, friendship, and adventure. I loved that it felt like a cross between fantasy and science fiction. It had me feeling so many different emotions throughout, just like Under the Whispering Door did for me. A beautiful book with an entertaining story that I highly recommend. I preordered my copy of the book last year, so I will have a physical copy soon.

*Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for my ARC of the book. All opinions are my own. *

Book 59: The Secret of Safe Passage

By Martin Baynton

Read April 1st-2nd

Pages Read: 338

📚📚📚📚📚
 An interesting take on the world of Wonderland that I cannot wait to see more from. I love Alice's Adventures in Wonderland retellings, and this one was another great example. The Secret of Safe Passage had great originality in the way Baynton takes the elements from the original and reimagines them here. I cannot wait to see what happens next in the Taking Wonderland series and with Ali. 

No comments:

Post a Comment