Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Thursday, July 25, 2024

2024 Mid- Year Book Tag

This is a tag I love doing every year that was created by @IsThatChami & @EarlGreyBooks. Kayla from BooksandLala does this tag every year and I’m doing her version. She has added multiple questions. 

How is your reading going?
~ Pretty well. I have enjoyed a great amount of the books I have read this year, but I will say I usually read more books by this point of the year.

Best book you’ve read so far in 2024
~ The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson- I have been wanting to read Brandon’s books for a very long time and finally picked one up. This book was incredible! I cannot wait to pick more of the series up and other Brandon books. 

Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2024
~ The Adventure Zone, Vol. 6: The Suffering Game by the McElroys- I adore this series so much and this was absolutely incredible. I cannot wait to read the next volume when it comes out. It’s great I was able to read this early! 

Favorite re-read
~ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams- Hitchhiker’s is one of my top-ten favorite books of all-time and I adore anytime I reread it. I finally finished the series this year and am sad to say I didn’t enjoy any of the rest of the books as much as the first. 

Genre you’ve been loving/reading the most
~ My most read genre is always fantasy. I don’t ever see that changing and I don’t want it to. 

New release you haven’t read yet, but want to
~ The Book of Doors by Gareth Brown- I have heard nothing but incredible things about this book. It sounds great!


Most anticipated release for the second half of the year
~ The Odyssey by Stephen Fry- I have been waiting for this book for years and I cannot wait to read it!

~ Wrath of the Triple Goddess by Rick Riordan- Obviously, I'm looking forward to reading the next Percy Jackson book. Percy is one of my favorite characters in fantasy.

~ The Colour of Revenge by Cornelia Funke- One of my favorite series of all-time is the Inkworld trilogy and I am beyond excited that Cornelia has decided to return to this world again. This book cannot come out soon enough!

Biggest disappointment
~ Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a book I have adored ever since I first read it in 2012. I consider it to be in my top-ten favorite books, but the rest of the books in the series do not live up to the brilliance of the first. The most disappointing is definitely the final. I read this at the end of May and have been thinking about it ever since. It only gets worse in my mind with time. 

Biggest surprise
~ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams- I think it’s funny that my biggest disappointment and surprise both come from Douglas Adams. I never thought I would love this book as much as I did. It focuses on Arthur trying to live an ordinary life after his adventures across the galaxy. I loved the refreshing deviation from the other novels. Definitely, the second-best novel from the series. 

Favorite new author (Debut or new to you)
~ Brandon Sanderson- Brandon is the author I have been told to read the most over the years and man, I’m glad I did. Should have so many years ago. 

~ R. M. Romero- I have read two of R. M. Romero’s books in the last two years and I absolutely adore them.

Newest favorite character
~ Wit/Hoid from The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson- Wit is one of my favorite type of characters and I just adored him. I have heard he is in so many of Brandon’s books and I can’t wait for more of him.

~ Kiela from The Spellshop by Sarah Beth Durst- Another character I related to on so many levels. Loved this so damn much. 

Book that made you cry
~ The Emperor and the Endless Palace by Justinian Huang-  This heartbreaking story definitely had me in tears by the end.

Book that made you happy
~ Most Ardently by Gabe Cole Novoa- One of the best books I read this year. I love seeing such great representation aimed towards younger readers. This book was beautiful and it made me so happy to read it. I have reviews for every book I read this year on this blog. 

Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
~ Definitely, The Spellshop by Sarah Beth Durst- I received an ARC of the audiobook from Netgalley earlier this year and absolutely adored it. The stunning cover is what originally drew me to it near the beginning of the year. Then, I read the description and I knew I had to pick it up. It is definitely one of the best books I read this year and I love the edition I have for my home library. Stunning in every way. 

What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
~ Tress of the Emerald Sea by Brandon Sanderson- I have wanted to read this book ever since I heard about it last year and now, I need to even more. Especially, since it’s narrated by Hoid. I loved him in The Way of Kings and cannot wait to read a book narrated by him. His humor is some of my favorite. 

~ Ruthless Vows by Rebecca Ross- I should have read this book already. Divine Rivals was incredible and I need to finish this duology. Rebecca is such an incredible author. 

~ The Adventures of Amina al- Sirafi by Shannon Chakrborty- This book sounds amazing and I have to read it soon. I’ve owned it since it came out last year. Woman pirate adventure, what more could I want?


~ At Midnight edited by Dahlia Adler- I started this book at the very end of last year and just stopped reading it. I don’t know why. I need to finish it this year. 

~ Nettle & Bone by T Kingfisher- Another book I started and never finished. This is such a short book and I did not dislike it when I was reading it. But for some reason it just never interested me in finishing it earlier this year. I need to get it finished sometime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment