Quote of the Month:

Quote of the Month:

Thursday, January 25, 2024

A to Z Bookish Tag

Here are my answers to the A to Z Bookish Tag for January 2024. Most of these have changed since the last time I completed it. I have changed some of the prompts based on what I wanted to answer instead. The original questions are in the link below. 

Original post: Perpetual Page Turner 


AAuthor you've read the most from:

    πŸŽ© Terry Pratchett with almost sixty books and I still haven’t read all of his books yet. 

B- Best Sequel Ever: 

    
πŸ’€ Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

C- Currently Reading:

    πŸ¦΄ Nettle & Bone by T. Kingfisher

D- Drink of Choice While Reading:

    ☕ Tea

E- Ereader or Physical book:

    πŸ“š Physical book, though I do like reading on my Kindle.

F- Fictional character you like the best:

    πŸ§™πŸ» Granny Weatherwax from the Discworld series

G- Glad you gave this book a chance: 

    πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘§ Little Women by Louisa May Alcott- This is the book I had owned the longest that I had not read until 2022. I had it for over fifteen years before I had read it. It is now one of my favorite classics. 

H- Hidden Gem book:

    πŸ‡ Insanity series by Cameron Jace. I wish more people knew about this series.

I- Important Moment in your reading life:

    πŸ“š Learning about Booktube and also Goodreads. I have found so many great books because of these discoveries. Also reading all types of genres.

J- Just finished:

    πŸ“ 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff

K- Kinds of Books you don't read:

    πŸš€ Science heavy science fiction

    πŸ˜± Most horror

    πŸ§ŸπŸ» Dystopian

    πŸ’¬ Most manga

    πŸ’€ Most thrillers

L- Longest book you've read:
  
    πŸ‡«πŸ‡· Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (1463 pages)

M- Major book hangover because of: 

    πŸ“– I had a major book hangover last year because of the mood I was in. 

N- Number of bookcases you own: 

    πŸ“š Six full

    πŸ“š Three smaller ones and some shelves

O: One book you have read multiple times:
 
    πŸ“— The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer

    πŸ¦§ The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett 

    πŸ”₯ Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

    πŸ§Ί The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

P- Preferred Place to Read:

    πŸ“š My bed or the chair in our living room.

Q- Quote that inspires you/ gives you all the feels from a book you read:

    πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘§ “There are many Beths in the world, shy and quiet, sitting in corners till needed, and living for others so cheerfully that no one sees the sacrifices till the little cricket on the hearth stops chirping, and the sweet sunshiny presence vanishes, leaving silence and shadow behind.” Little Women by Louisa May Alcott- Definitely, one of my favorite quotes of all-time.

R- Reading regret: 

    πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘§ Not reading Little Women before I did. 

S- Series you started and need to finish:

    πŸ¦€ Thursday Next by Jasper Fforde- 2/7 
    
    πŸ» The Winternight Trilogy by Katherine Arden- 1/3

    πŸ  Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond by Sayantani DasGupta- 1/3

T- Ten of your all time favorite books:

    πŸ”₯ Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones- My all-time favorite

    πŸŸ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

    πŸ’€ Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

    πŸ‘ΈπŸΌ The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer

    πŸ‡ Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll 

    πŸΊ The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

    πŸŒ… The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

    πŸŸ’ The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

    πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘§ Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

    πŸŒ² A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

U- Unapologetic fangirl for: 

    πŸ”₯ Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

    πŸ¦§ The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett

    πŸ“— The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer

    πŸ‡ The Insanity series by Cameron Jace

    πŸΊ Greek Mythology, Fairy Tale, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, and other classic retellings

    πŸ¦ The Oz series by L. Frank Baum

V- Very excited for these releases more than any others:

    πŸΊ The Odyssey by Stephen Fry- I need the end of this series soon. Hopefully, it will come out by the end of the year. 

    πŸ“š Ballad for Jasmine Town by Molly Ringle- I loved the first book in this series. 

    πŸ’Ž Holy Terrors by Margaret Owen- Little Thieves is one of my favorite trilogies I have ever read and I cannot wait to read the final book. 

    πŸ”± Wrath of the Triple Goddess by Rick Riordan- It was a dream of mine that Rick would return to the Percy Jackson series and I loved The Chalice of the Gods

    πŸ‘½ Roswell Johnson Saves the World! by Chris Colfer- I love that Chris is finally writing a science fiction book, especially since he is obsessed with aliens. I have a feeling this is going to be so much fun. 

W- Worst bookish habit:

    πŸ“š Not putting down some books that I know I will never get into.

X-  X Marks the spot (start at the top of your self and pick the 27 book):

    πŸ–Ό️ I picked to do the shelves in my office. My 27 book on those shelves is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

Y- Your latest book purchase:

    πŸ» The 13 1/2 lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers- I have heard nothing but great things about this book for years and it is recommended for lovers of Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. This will definitely be a book I pick up in the near future. 

Z-  ZZZ Snatcher book (the last book that kept you up way late): 
  
    πŸ° The Emperor and the Endless Palace by Justinian Huang 

No comments:

Post a Comment